Saving New Consists

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pcturner2, Jul 15, 2020.

1. pcturner2

pcturner2 New Member

In some cases I have successfully saved a new consist, but most often not. I'm doing something wrong. What are the proper steps for building and saving new trains??

2. benhhng

benhhng Member

After you make a consist. You can click the "next" in right low corner, then you type the name and choose the region code. Then click "save".

3. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Are you trying to make a consist for quick drives in the Custom edit screen, or are you trying to make a consist to add into a scenario?

4. pcturner2

pcturner2 New Member

I used the simple procedure several times that benhhng explained, but with no success. I get the window that shows existing consists (The Berkshire only lists two locomotives with no consist). I select the top one, go to edit, select what I want the locomotive to pull, give it a name and save it... but when I go back to the Berkshire list, there is no new train. I don't know if there must be certain criteria to meet before editing, or certain restrictions, or limitations that I don't recognize. The weird part is that early on I managed to make several trains for the Lima consolidation that are still listed... but I don't know what I did that was different from doing it now.

5. Pookeyhead

If you've changed locomotives, than it will now be listed in THAT locomotive's list, not the original one.

6. pcturner2

pcturner2 New Member

Ah-h-h so-o-o-o!! Thank you, Pookeyhead. That explains why I see old ones from an earlier time. (Interesting member name. I'd love to know the background of that selection. lol)

7. Pookeyhead

I can't even remember now.. LOL. It was a gamer tag I used WAY back... back in the days of the first version of Quake. I think I chose it because everyone else had silly macho names like "Death Bringer" or "Lord of Doom", and it annoyed the kiddies getting fragged by someone with a silly name.