Drop Support For Train Simulator

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KingOfCunard, Jul 16, 2020.

1. KingOfCunard

KingOfCunard Member

This is just my opinion but methinks DTG should drop the support for Train Simulator and focus TSW. TSW is the flagship product and should be the centre of attention

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve had this same thought, but apparently TSW was not designed to replace TS.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

Now that's an opinion :D

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Don’t hide that opinion over here on the TSW forum, go and say it on the Train Simulator forum, which is conveniently situated just over there. You’ll get a much more informative response along the lines of :o:o:|:(:(:mad: :D

• Like Like x 3
  5. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

TS is doing fine, it's a much smaller team of mostly content creators at DTG and has a LOT of 3rd party support, the majority of TS content hitting steam of late has been 3rd party - with some first party content. As long as sales cover the costs they'll keep supporting it.

6. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

support tsw2

7. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

The focus is almost certainly on TSW - so you have your wish, with respect to allocation of new expanding (staffing) resources.

But you shouldn't under-estimate the number of sales that TS1 generates for DTG. I started out with TSW, but so far my spend on TS1 is at least double my spend on TSW, and I suspect that I will be maintaining a 2:1 ratio in favour of TS1 for many years to come.