Question About Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pennsy_railfan, Jul 16, 2020.

1. pennsy_railfan

pennsy_railfan Active Member

If I buy TSW 2 and after I uninstall TSW 2020 will my collection be transferred over to TSW2 or do I need both games? Note I read the FAQ.

2. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Not speaking for DTG, but TSW2 should be working with what you have in your Steam library, so TSW1 being (un)installed should have no effect as TSW2 will go through what you have and download that for itself. Even with TSW1 uninstalled you still own it and its DLCs, they don't vanish.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yes, with TSW2 you can uninstall TSW2020. The "preserved collection" stuff will need to be downloaded separately into TSW2, so it will be independent of TSW2020.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

So you have the official word, digital add-ons you own are tied to your account (Steam, PlayStation or Xbox). As long as you play TSW2 with the same account the game will recognise your ownership and grant you access the preserved add-ons as they become available. You can safely uninstall the original game, and reinstall it at any time and your add-ons will be there, or install the new game and get the same access.

(This is really wordy, I'm open to suggestions of shorter ways to describe it.)

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Sam: Will the preserved routes in TSW2 be listed in the DLC tab for steam where we can pick and choose which routes we want to download.....or is it all handled in-game ? I suspect the former but it would be nice to have confirmation

The only reason I ask is because technically preserved routes are not TSW2 DLC...as they came across from TSW2020 ownership.

6. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Okay, hypothetical based on what I know right now:

All the TSW routes you own will continue to be available as "owned" under TSW in your Steam library. That's fact. No changes.

As those routes become available in TSW2 under preserved collection we will be offering them for sale for TSW2 as though they were brand new add-ons. You'll have them listed as "owned" however if you already have them in TSW.

So, the available routes in TSW2 will expand for you as soon as they become available. I suspect they'll automatically download at that point.

I'm going to caveat all of this with - this is how it is supposed to work, and will eventually work even if it's busted initially, because, y'know, sometimes things are busted initially.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Thanks Sam....that makes sense

8. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

very good:cool: