Dtg Could Have Kept The Aug 6 Date And Released Tsw(routes)as They Had Planned To.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, Jul 17, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The title pretty much tell the story,there isn't much to add to it.We could have had the game on aug 6,as for the routes we all still have them,so we weren't missing anything having to wait for dtg to convert the current routes for tsw2 use,which will take time either way.

2. doc_woods

doc_woods Active Member

My personal (completely unfounded) suspicion, is that the change in release date isn't entirely due to the preserved collection, that it's possible that the core routes need more time too, and that the preserved collection is a convenient excuse.

I could be wrong of course, and it doesn't really change my opinion of much - (within limits) delays to get things right are generally a good thing.

• Like Like x 2
  3. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

I can't see a problem waiting a couple more weeks for DTG to do something closer to what I expected or wanted them to announce in the first place. We're not missing anything because we haven't had anything yet.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I'm with doc_woods completely on this however it's best for it to come out when it's ready if it will be a better product

• Like Like x 1
  5. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

To bad dtg didn't think about this idea,when they where constantly releasing new paid dlc that amost away need extra fixing after people bought it.

6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yep, agree with that too

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m disappointed the game is delayed, but considering the new functionality on display last night, I’m actually really quite excited for the game and a two week delay is not the end of the world.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes i see

• Like Like x 1
  9. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

The delay doesn't bother me too much, as I've a ton of achievements and scenarios to pile through. Hopefully it'll mean a better and more polished product.

• Like Like x 2
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I believe the release of Fortnite was delayed by two weeks.

ps... that was just a terrible joke

• Like Like x 2
  11. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

It was still released too early.

I see your terrible joke, and I raise you a worse one!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

To be fair, this is a valid criticism with the industry at large. The industry was better, imo, when games were delayed if they weren't ready. Imagine buying a new car, only to be told once the paperwork has all been signed, that the engine isn't ready, that will be installed later! I would rather wait for a game, than to have it released on time but needing essential updates.

• Like Like x 3
  13. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well hopefully because the game is delayed, there will be no massive bugs. I don't think preserved collection is a excuse for the game to be delayed because not all the tsw2020 routes are gonna be ported into tsw2 at launch and if preserved collection is the reason why the game is delayed, then why not just port all the tsw2020 routes into tsw2 at launch. To me that's not a valid excuse. I think it's because the core routes still need work on as well and they just used preserved collection as a silly excuse.

14. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I had a sneaking suspicion it was delayed. :(

• Like Like x 1
  15. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'm not suprised about the delay. DTG doesn't always keep on schedule