The Catch Problems Twitching On Pc Using Xbox Controller

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stevenrichards29, Jul 16, 2020.

1. stevenrichards29

stevenrichards29 New Member

Anyone else having issues doing the twitch retrieval technique. I've spent hours trying to master the technique with no luck at all, in fact I haven't even seen it change to twitch at all. I'm holding in the right trigger for finesse fishing and taping the stick in the desired direction and pausing for a small amount of time but it just isn't happening. I had no issues twitching in FSW but for some reason it doesn't work in The Catch.
    I thought it might be the controller so I bought a new 1 but no change and I even tried the Xbox One controller but same issues.
    Maybe they need to increase the time windows between motions to make twitching a little easier because spinning I a big part of the game and its a bit boring doing constant retrieval or just letting your lure sit on there until something takes it and u get good or poor strike.

I welcome any advice if anyone has any.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  2. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

Yeah i have noticed this also i too cant nail the twitch retreive someone told me it depends on rod, line type, reel ratio and the weight of the jig heads and lure sizes on how easy it is to do.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stevenrichards29

stevenrichards29 New Member

Hi m8, thx for ur reply Kev. I've unlocked everything in the game and tried many many different combos but still cant nail it, jigging is a bit easier. I'll keep trying but surely we should be able to twitch at a poorer quality, i've not even seen it red and with so much gear there is a lot of combos.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020