Dynamic Weather/rail Crossings

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by eire007, Jul 17, 2020.

1. eire007

eire007 Active Member

I find it amazing for example a game like Grand Theft Auto which Is not even as advanced as train sim has perfect dynamic weather with thunder and lightning and working rail crossings. What am I missing here?? But in TSW2 all we getting is dynamic clouds - BIG DEAL and non working rail crossings *rolls eyes*
    I think DTG need to talk with Rockstar games and try get some pointers.

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

I'm amazed that someone is comparing a game made by a triple A studio with studios in new York and in the UK to a company that is based in Chatham. Both run on completly different game engines and where one has worked on the game for many years now to a company that has started a game series only 3 or 4 years ago. Gta runs in completely different ways as to train sim world runs. And yes the rail crossing that are always down last time I saw one was only for a fraction of a second when I went past it I don't care really if it goes back up I would more rather the game ran smooth

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The difference is in where the available CPU resources are used. TSW has a massive amount of physics constantly running for the trains which uses up a lot of resources and that leaves less for processing outside elements. Also a much smaller development budget.

4. eire007

eire007 Active Member

[removed by Protagonist - flaming]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2020
  5. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Comment is valid but they already have the weather. I find it hard to believe something so simple as they already have the weather, that it can’t change is a but unbelievable or better yet given us a valid reason why it can’t be done as it’s come up more than once in forums.

6. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

What why have you called me that. OK to me the crossings aren't to important and I agree we should at least get maybe better weather physics for it to be dynamic or answer on why it can't be would be great but never call me that again. I just find it stupid comparing 2 different games by 2 completely different developers

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  7. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

It's an interesting point, but the first conversation may consist of,
    R* : "So, how big's your development budget, about $250M?"
    DTG : "No. Not quite that much."

• Like Like x 4
  8. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I can see the arguments from both sides here BUT.........even Train Simulator 20xx has dynamic weather with Thunder & Lightning (thanks to 3rd party) AND working level crossings (I think these may have been perfected by 3rd party too!?!)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. eire007

eire007 Active Member

If you had read what I said first instead of jumping down my throat I said “for example”
    Anyway, better not say anymore to you as you already have “the police” on my back for a harmless comment.

10. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

Tends to happen when you call people names for no reason. There was nothing in your reply to them that was in any way constructive.
    Anywho, back on topic. Train-in-block would be the most sensible option imo. It might not be the most realistic, but it is far better than the ghostly crossings we have now. Not overly bothered about improving the traffic's visual quality, but I don't take photos (which would almost certainly be ruined)

11. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Or Rokstar Games need to talk with Dovetail to create a train simulator game. Points of view.
    But for sure, at today, nobody has still created a train simulator game with a better graphic than TSW.
    Now try to ask yourself why :)

12. Sumit

Sumit Member

nice joke old man

13. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Eire007, all i will say is if you think you could do better in the game for the same amount of money it took developing it, the floor is yours, we all wait to see what you can bring to the table. But you won't because you can't, so maybe be a little grateful for what you do have in game because it's so much more than if you didn't have the game full stop.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2