PlayStation Screenshots Of New Ui And Hud (work In Progress)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Jul 17, 2020.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

27454C64-01E2-4CB7-8D0B-56EB2A1B8E46.jpeg B38BFB70-0D9C-419E-896C-894C10D4950A.jpeg 10B0502E-8FF8-43FF-9924-CBAA59366BDE.jpeg 4F11C1E8-47B2-40A0-98BA-5C9F6983FC23.jpeg 4B62BF82-3B62-4749-AC86-35C041F33F0D.jpeg Hello everyone,
    With the new article detailing the new scenario planner feature we got our first look at a work in progress version of the UI and HUD. As we are always looking at the HUD I think it’s an important thing to get right so I put together some screenshots. I personally really like the look of the HUD and I think it looks much more functional and professional looking then the HUD from TSW. I can’t wait to see the final version!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Very excited when I saw it on the ICE Q&A. The clock looks good up in the top right, although I did like having the clock and the speed in the same area on the screen to easily keep track of.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

My first impressions on the new HUD and UI designs: Its soooooort of okay, but its definitely going to need some getting-used-to.

Its a huge change from what we have with TSW2020 which uses a lot more transparent panels while TSW2 looks like it'll use panels that are a lot darker. That should help with reading text and information which is cool and all, but then the other thing is that they changed the font. I sort of wish they kept the old font, but hey if this is what the look the designers wanted, then so be it. No biggie.

Then there's the actual HUD when driving the trains. I remember they were saying something along the lines of "the new HUD will provide a much more immersive experience", but honestly I think it looks quite cluttered. Especially with the numbers that look like they belong on a digital clock. Its interesting, but again, I think I still preferred the old HUD of TSW2020, it just felt much more clean and modern.

I wonder if there'll be further changes to it before release

• Like Like x 3
  4. matthewbguilford

I got excited as well! I bet we will get used to it pretty easily although it is going to be an adjustment for things like the time and speed being apart but it will also keep our eyes on more of the screen instead of just the bottom right. The more info the better and I’m ecstatic to see the weight and length for the train we are driving. A small detail but especially with adhesion physics these things will be able to be used to effect our driving. That’s something that is important in a simulator and I’m so happy to see it implemented!

• Like Like x 3
  5. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

What I don't like about them,- both current and new ones -, is they are intrusive on the screen!
    Why they have to be so big? Even includes areas with just dark grey color with nothing on it
    They might go just to the corners of the screen.
    Original Microsoft Train Simulator has a small one at the bottom left, with all the needed information.
    Then latest Train Simulator , - which DTG owns now -, it have all at the bottom.
    On both cases you have all the information just at one sight!
    With TSW, they are sparse on around the screen, =so you have to check all around too!-, but even interfering with the view.
    Furthermore also complicates for taking pictures.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Yep, the original MSTS HUD was the best for me, especially after the transparent Mod, that made it spot on.

• Like Like x 2
  7. matthewbguilford

I always really liked the TS HUD across the bottom of the screen. It looks like they are trying to make it compact with the two side windows rounded up against the speedometer. I have never seen MSTS HUD but I am assuming the amount of information TSW2 is trying to convey is more?

• Like Like x 1
  8. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Looks like there's more information being squeezed into the UI. It'll take time to get used to for sure, but I like it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

The hud size needs to be adjustable
    The hud needs to be moveable
    The dark hud needs a background transparency setting as well

• Like Like x 3
  10. matthewbguilford

1BE9B0DA-27AA-4122-9630-C69A5DC6D7D3.png 8A51E210-07FF-4F60-A895-75CBC846CE47.jpeg
    I added a few more screen shots of the HUD in action during our first small glimpse into TSW2. Yes, you are witnessing the AC4400 on the Bakerloo line in this screenshot as they showed off their “off the rails” mode in the TSW2 scenario editor. If you would like to enable this option in the scenario planner it will take away the “restrictions of reality” and allow us to create scenarios with any train on any route. Matt did state during the stream that what we are seeing for the HUD is more or less the final form and that we might see minor tweaks.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

From my point of view, they look much older than current ones.
    May be by the black & white colors, but also the old style digital numbers with small bars.
    The most important thing for me is they must go to the corners of the screen, and not being so intrusive, limiting the visibility.
    During the Q&A, Matt mentioned they are not definitive, and were still working on them.
    So hope final version, be much better.
    I believe they allow us to see them by purpose, to check our reaction...;)
    Not did the same with the coming locomotives on the Scenario planer list, as were blurred...So there should be new trains coming!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

Is the vertical line with arrows each end the accelerometer or some lever position indicator?

13. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i dont like it. it looks too confusing to me and ill use the old hud which i never had problems with it. if its not broke dont fix it

id also like to see a consist report when using a freight train, will it give us the information of the slowest speed of the slowest wagon, the fastest speed of the whole train. how many wagons . the length of the train etc etc etc.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There won’t be an option to use the old HUD, only the new one will be in TSW2. I’m hoping for the same information for freight trains too, especially the maximum speed for the whole train, and the correct PZB mode to use (where applicable).