A Class 66 Shunting Guide Including Screenshots

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by Daniel Bloch, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Hi,

i have made a little guide for the fans of the Class 66 that like to do some shunting. As there is no scenario or possibility in TSW GWE for this i found a workaround.

If you follow this guide you can have some fun with shunting and unloading hoppers at Acton:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1183891614

Here are some screenshots from the guide / scenario:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope you like it :)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Now that is clever. I really wish DTG would add in some idle consists in the yard for services like there are in CSX, so we didn't have to do silly stuff like this to take care of that, but I'll try this out. No EWS 66 though :/

Oh, and at least this means those aggregate unloaders work. Not sure why they were never used but if someone makes a scenario to use them, at least they won't just sit there looking pretty.

3. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Yes no EWS livery on the scenarios. :( Funny thing is there are three unloading stations on the route but only one is used in a scenario.

You can see all three unloading stations here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/unloading-stations.2204/

With my guide you can use the second one but for the last unloading station we have to wait for the editor.
    The third unloading station is west of Hayes & Harlington, that one in the DTG scenario is used is east of Hayes & Harlington.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  4. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

I wish the yards looked like this in service mode, even just static 66/hoppers in lay-bys etc

5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Good work, Daniel, but requires alternately driving and looking at your instructions; did you set TSW to windowed mode?
    Efforts like this should lead DTG to realize just how much we scenario makers want scenario editing capabilities in TSW.
    By the way, are there any facilities for the FKA wagons on the route? I haven't noticed any while driving scenarios and services, but Perhaps someone else has. In addition to scenario-making, additional freight wagons would be very welcome.
    In addition, some of the activities for passenger equipment are really shunting exercises in disguise and well worth driving.

6. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

I don't believe there are any freight loading yards on that section of the GWML in real life. It's a shame that the aggregate facilities aren't used more in the Scenarios and Services but I wonder if that's because most of those services are handled by other companies and DB Schenker just do through-traffic in that area.

Once the scenario tools are ready it'll really bring freight alive for GWR. It might be awhile before they're ready though; I believe TrainSim-Steve said on train-simulator.com that the tools they use for creating scenarios in-house are not user friendly but they're working on a suite for us.

7. Goldline

Goldline New Member

I do love this very much, I hope we get to see more from dtg with the uk freight services and doing more in the yards like in real life.