Ice 3m So Much Train Vs 70 Kilometers So Little Track?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Jul 12, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The german ice 3m train is said can do a top speed of up 305.77536 kmh now contrast that with just 70 kilometers of track.This is one time where the track length doesn't add up.This route uses a very high speed train,so with a top speed of 305.77536 kmh you should have no less then.160.9344 kilometers of track to operate on.

Heres a list of all other german routes lengths for comparison.(I'll let you figure out the conversion to miles,i can't do all the work)...
    MSB 52 kilometers
    RT. 71 kilometers
    RSN 61 kilometers
    RRO 42 kilometers
    HRR 46 kilometers
    Almost all the locomotives found on routes above top out at about 201.168 kmh(But this speed only possible on some sections of track,most track is speed limited to 159.325056 kmh or normally far less.
    KS. 70 kilometers(New upcoming route)

USA Conversion
    305.77536 kmh=190 mph
    70 kilometers=43.4959835 miles
    160.9344 kilometers=100 miles
    201.168 kmh=125 mph
    159.325056 kmh=99 mph

I'm very aware modeling 160.9344 kilometers of track and scenery would be time consuming but at 305.77536 kmh the ice 3m could do a 70 kilometer route in less then 30 minutes.(Plus this isn't the domino pizza express).

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It does take time because the full German high speed line length is 110 miles and the fact we only get 40 is a joke because number one, it'll be done pretty quickly in the high speed train but at least you get s Bahn services, and number two is the fact that they've had the engine for almost 4 years and there should be a strategy by now to make more full line high speed or commuter rail lines because we can't keep getting the same unconnecting non full line routes with very little content

• Like Like x 5
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If you drive at 159.325057 kmh the PZB gets you :D

4. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Although I would really like to see longer high speed routes in TSW I have to disagree with you on this one.
    The top speed of the route is at 250 km/h (155 mph) which is not used on the entire line (this has been posted earlier, I believe it's a bit more than half of the line). 300 (186) are not reached here but on the other route towards Frankfurt, which is probably the one you were pointing at with the length of 110 miles. Yet it is a completely different route towards a completely different direction, so a bit unfair to compare them being the other one a fully-purposed high speed line (more to that later).

By todays route building standards the route towards Aachen is the far better choice for a realization and has at least some potential left for the use of the previous german rolling stock (although I fear that this will not be the case - which is my biggest concern about the route - being unrealistically boring because of the lack of variety in the rolling stock being used).

The route towards Frankfurt is a standalone High Speed route, which are not very present here. In fact, lots of the ICE routes are modernized older lines with line speeds around 200-250 km/h, some even with a max speed of 160 km/h.

In general a route here in germany needs to be equipped with LZB for speeds above 160 km/h.
    Regional trains don't extend this speed at all, except for one line on the high speed track between Nuremberg and Ingolstadt (which is basically a red painted InterCity train).

Back to topic, the current route probably might have been towards Brussels, but then it would require the Implementation of belgian signalling and safety systems and of course rolling stock, so... well. You see where this ends. ;)

As a first starting point for german high speed the route is quite a good choice imo. Let's hope miracles happen and it gets the variety it deserves... and that it maybe becomes the basis for a longer successor someday in the future.

... and unfortunately exceeding 250 on Autobahns is even a far shorter enjoyment in real life. :D

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Maybe the route will be extended in a DLC update?

• Like Like x 2
  6. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Stujoy the PZB only catches you out if you have it turned on. So, Sam won't have an issue.;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. SHINO BAZ

Not that i really care about route length as much as others here tend to do,but this is one of the faster trains that tsw will ever have for now and even if you don't drive the ice 3m at top speed on the route normally,you must know with such a high top speed possible some people will want to drive it fast for those non serious test runs and 70 kilometers of tracks means very little time for top speed testing.Just look at the ice 3m does this look like a train that screams it wants to operate only in the slow lane.It's made to break the wind but with this little track the wind won't suffer much.

8. tallboy7648

People have been asking dtg to extend current routes in tsw but for some stupid dumb reason, matt says people don't want extensions which is completely false so it's basically they don't want to do it so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't extend this route. If they don't want people to ask for extensions, they should make the full length of a route they choose instead of getting the same unconnecting non full line routes especially for a "new game"

• Like Like x 3
  9. SHINO BAZ

This route doesn't need to be full length but craft the track length to cater to the type of train used,for example west somerset has 23 miles of track and those trains there move at a snails pace,but the new KS route only 20 mile longer and the ice 3m isn't made to do tourist speeds.

10. tallboy7648

It doesn't make sense to make a high speed route short if the train doesn't travel at slow speeds. Hopefully a strategy will be implemented in the next dlc to get full line routes

11. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

I never found route length to be a particularly big sticking point in TSW, though it is a bit sad picking up a service bound for a more distant terminus only to have to terminate much earlier. (GWE springs to mind).

As for high speed, I don't think it will be much of an issue being restricted. High speed travel isn't particularly engaging, unless you're responding to signal changes, and quality over quantity is very much welcome.

• Like Like x 3
  12. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Solid point you have there my friend, as much fun as it was to nail it along from Paddington to Reading at 125 mph you didn't really do much for 25 minutes, so as long as the route is long enough for some warp factor 10 runs, hit the line top speed and also have multiple other activities on the same line isn't everybody winning??

• Like Like x 2
  13. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

It’s about 43 miles at roughly 140 mph ( I don’t know) so it’ll take a good hour or so.

14. SHINO BAZ

It say the ice 3m top out at 305.77536 kmh/190 mph does anyone really think know one gonna try and max it out.

15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Top speed is 330kmh (210mph).

16. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

Of course people will be trying to max it out. Day to day services will probably be capped out due to line speed and signalling though.

17. tallboy7648

It's also a shame that the ice stations in this route will only be Koln to Achan, which is like great western express basically. Yes you can use scenario planner to stop at more stations, but that's not realistic. I'm glad dtg has finally got the message (even though it took three years) that a vast majority of people want longer or full line routes and I would like to see in the next q&a DTGs strategy to make longer and full line routes because we can't be getting the same short unconnecting non full line routes, especially if DTG won't extend routes.

18. olikas.g

olikas.g Member

I am not particulary excited about very long routes. 45 minutes to an hour of driving is more than enough for me in one sitting. If anything I would like to have more branch lines.
    For an HST line, I like the stopping service option, because I can enjoy the scenery and stations better. It like driving a quick train every know and then, but it gets “boring pretty quickly”.
    This doesn’t say that those who enjoy a longer routes are wrong, but there are lots of ways how an open ended game can be played.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Sumit

Sumit Member

dogtailgames are lazy

20. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Why are you even on the forum ? other than making stupid remarks and proving your utter ineptitude as a person.

21. SHINO BAZ

We shouldn't give this troll any attention,thats what he/she wants\/
    This has got to be troll,every forum has them./\

22. SHINO BAZ

I'm only refering to sumit not you asrgt.just so you know.thats why i used these to point to his statement \/ /\

• Like Like x 1
  23. Sumit

Sumit Member

you look more talented HAHA

24. tallboy7648

I wouldn't say they're lazy, they just need a change in the company because clearly something is completely wrong with that company when they make things for tsw and not fix bugs