Looking For A Project Partner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blackdiamond1964, Jul 12, 2020.

1. blackdiamond1964

blackdiamond1964 New Member

I'm thinking about getting back into Train Simulator2020. I have a route that I've been studying and working on for many years through many different train sims version. My Route is the Lackawanna & Wyoming Valley's Laurel Line. This was an interurban that was built like a class 1 railroad in the heart of the anthracite region of northeastern Pennsylvania. The route was a 19 mile with a 2 mile industrial branch between the cities of Scranton and Wilkes-Barre. It was a double tracked line powered by a exposed 3rd rail. The railroad operated from 1903 to 1952, then was a freight branch for the Lackawanna Railroad. I'm modeling the line as it looked in the 1950 to 1952 era. The railroad move passengers and freight. The landscape of the route was imported from DEM maps and the main line of track grade has been added. I'm currently using the Horseshoe Curve as the texture and track default due to that routes location and era that closely matches the Laurel Line. My intention is to make a highly historically detailed route that is different then the typical routes offered in TS2020. This route is to be free as this is hobby for me and not a money adventure.

Since I've been working on this project in one form or another for many years now, many of the railroad's infrastructure has been modeled. The models just need a bit of updating. Much of the research has also been completed (for the most part), there are a few secrets that this railroad is still hiding from me. I've also been building in the Blender program for many years and I'm past the struggling newbie stage of model building. I also have the trolleys and freight motors models but like my other models they will need to updated and in some cases, adapted to TS2020 graphical standards.

There is more about this route here.
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/the-lackawanna-wyoming-valley-railroad.3497/

Here is what I'm looking for...
    Somebody that has interested in modeling the 1950 era, or an anthracite railroad, or modeling the anthracite region in general. Somebody that has a keen eye for details in that era. Somebody that is familiar with the Blender program and is comfortable with the TS2020 program. Somebody that has the free time to work on a project like this. Somebody that likes to communicate and learn. Somebody who likes the hobby of train simulators.

I'm not planning on starting this project until I have a partner in place. If interested or have any questions, please post below.

2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Have you made this appeal on the Steam forum or on RailWorksAmerica? You might have more chances of getting help there.

3. blackdiamond1964

The person I'm looking for doesn't necessarily need to be American person. I'm looking for anybody that is interested in this type of project.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I would think it would be better if the partner knew something about the railway you are making but for some reason you don't wish to get help from the US even though there are more knowledgable people on RW America

5. blackdiamond1964

I got bad advice from the crew at RWA and when I spoke up about it I was banned, so I don't associate myself with them.

6. blackdiamond1964

I kind of had a feeling I will be going at it alone. That's ok. Maybe somebody will see some progress screenshots and get interested in it. I'm currently working on a new web page for this project. More info in time.

7. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

Good luck Scott, stick with it and keep us informed.

8. Sumit

Sumit Member

I remember you.
    You visit every year every forum and ask for help about your route.
    I saw you on Auran Forums also.
    You keep switching between Trainz and RailWorks so no consiatency on which platform you want to build something.

Sad.

9. blackdiamond1964

We all have our niches to fill. Mine is content creation. Yours, on the other hand is making stupid comments just to attack people. This is the world we live in today. This is a great route to make. It's interesting, historic and it has something for every rail sim fan. I knew this for a long time. It's only a matter of time before I find somebody that shares that same interest and love for the hobby. I will go back and forth between rail sims until I find that. I also noticed how you failed to mention all the creations I've done for other people. Some how that slipped out of your rant.

I truly find it interesting how people ask me to make models for them, but when I'm looking for help all I get are crickets. Thanks to you, I will no longer consider helping other route builders with their projects.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  10. blackdiamond1964

The web page should be up in a day or two. I'm also prepping the the new route itself, it's folder structure and the needed work space and tools I'll need to start building.

11. blackdiamond1964

12. Sumit

Sumit Member

[removed by Protagonist - watch the language]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2020
  13. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

There's no need for that language here....

14. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

No Gow up. I am a member of this forum to help people if i can, and to hopefully make a positive contribution.

15. blackdiamond1964

I'm not banned from at the Trainz forums...this guy is a troll and he has been reported.

16. Sumit

Sumit Member

[removed by Protagonist - user banned]

17. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  18. blackdiamond1964

Thank you moderators. His info is gone. This seems to be the world we live in today. There are so many people out there that just want to attack people for no reason...everybody is always offended about something...everybody wants to be some kind of rebel activist. I just want to build models for train simulators!