Unrecoverable Freeze In Multiple Scenarios

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by pikalaxalt, Jul 19, 2020.

1. pikalaxalt

pikalaxalt New Member

Over the last week, I've been experiencing a serious issue in-game. I would be playing a career scenario normally, and then at some point during the scenario (seemingly random the first time, then consistent and much sooner thereafter) the game would freeze and become completely unresponsive. I would need to kill it from Windows Task Manager. Has occurred on NEC: New York to New Haven, Hudson Line, and NJT Morristown. Changing the graphics settings in Train Simulator does not resolve this issue. No crash dump because this kind of crash does not generate a dump.

Occurs in Train Simulator 2020 v68.2c (x64). Running Windows 10 Pro 2004 (19041.338) on Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.60 GHz + 16 GB DDR3 RAM + NVIDIA GTX1070 (GeForce Game Ready Driver v451.67).

2. mattanatior97

mattanatior97 Member

I suggest asking dovetail support

3. pikalaxalt

pikalaxalt New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I followed the standard troubleshooting guide prior to composing my support request. There was leftover data from old third-party addons which may have contributed to the problem. A clean reinstall seems to have resolved the issue.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020