Want Anymore London Underground Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KyleL, Jul 19, 2020.

?

Do you want another london underground

Poll closed Feb 19, 2021.
  1. yes

77.0%
  2. no

23.0%
  1. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Well DTG has announced the bakerloo line & I was wondering does anyone else want too have another london underground route.I don't want comparing to other routes I just need your honest opinion about it & please don't argue.Now I do want other types of subway systems but london underground would be interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

I wouldn't mind the H+C and Circle lines

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Not as a separate route, no. However, if extended to include say Circle and/or Hammersmith & City and/or Northern for example, then yes, I wouldn't mind.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Maybe the Waterloo and city extension for around £5.99

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

All of them.

Eventually.

As one huge connected service with all the DLC’s linked together in one massive map.

I can dream.

Edit: Same with NYC Subway lines too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  6. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Interesting results

7. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Would like to see more Underground routes along with the Overground and Elizabeth Line.

But First, I want NYC Subway.

• Like Like x 1
  8. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yep me too but I think it would take years for DTG to care about another subway route

• Like Like x 2
  9. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

Underground Routes

10. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

I'd have to make my mind up after driving Bakerloo line, tbh

11. carmadman

carmadman New Member

I would like the Metropolitan Line

• Like Like x 4
  12. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

100% with you on this. If it's decent then yes sure more underground routes with maybe modern locos

13. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The Circle Line was the most requested route in tsw so I don't understand why they choosed the Bakerloo Line if very few people asked for that line before it was announced in the fourms. I guess dtg didn't listen to their customers at that time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ZeenozPlays

I was wondering why they did that too, i would like to see the Circle and Metropolitan lines in the game.

15. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

oh really now that is quite interesting to hear

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  16. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

There are multiple threads requesting the Bakerloo Line in this forum so while it may be anecdotally true that the circle line was more requested, to act as if those Bakerloo Line requests don't matter is wrong when you go on to say DTG didn't listen to their customers. Especially when there are also many additional threads just wanting a London Underground route in general.

DTG has always said the routes and stock they can do is highly influenced by availability and accessibility for research and scouting. The Bakerloo Line is most likely just what was the most available at the time out of the routes that had been requested and fit within the parameters they were looking for.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It may (almost certainly) not be factually correct as nobody but DTG have collated data on what routes have been requested. The main thing is that we are getting a London Underground route that lots of people want and it may be that more will come along at some point. Bakerloo was the ideal choice to make first while it still has the 1972 stock. Later LU routes would almost certainly have more modern trains. There aren’t that many that are still actually driven by hand, most of them being automatically controlled, which would be of little interest in a train sim that is heavily centred on the driving experience.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tallboy7648

If you look in the fourms themselves which a few people including myself and a YouTuber, very few people asked for the Bakerloo Line, not a huge amount of players. A huge amount of players asked for the Circle Line and I guarantee to you if a poll was done, the majority would want the circle line and very few would want the Bakerloo Line before it was announced. Quit defending dtg

• Like Like x 1
  19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Quit defending DTG? I’m not defending anyone, I’m just passing on to other members the knowledge that the bee in your bonnet about the bakerloo line not being requested by large numbers of people isn’t based on facts. Like when you went on and on that DTG had stated it was the most requested underground route, which they never did. You have no idea how many people have requested anything nor does your mysterious unnamed youtuber. Neither of you have the data, you’ve just done a quick incomplete search of the route suggestion pages here and jumped to a conclusion. That’s easily done.

If I occasionally say here that I like something that Dovetail do with TSW, and if you’ve been paying attention to a lot of my recent posts (about the new HUD in TSW2 and the poor LOD transitions of the Class 20 in particular) you’ll see that I don’t just blindly praise them, that’s not nearly as tiresome as you slagging off absolutely everything they do and making up stuff to back up your distaste for them and their games. When TSW2 releases, drive the bakerloo line, and if you can refrain from tying yourself in knots because it isn’t the circle line, then you might actually enjoy it.

• Like Like x 3
  20. jamesbaby286

It's also important to note that the number of mentions of the Circle Line would be influenced by the fact that Westbourne Park, Royal Oak, and Paddington tube stations of the Circle Line already exist in the GWE route. So the context of any discussion about the Circle Line matters as well.

• Like Like x 1
  21. jamesbaby286

Anyways back to the main topic;

Personally I think the addition of the Jubilee Line as an extension of the Bakerloo Line would be a good option due to the direct track links and parallel cross-platform interchange at Baker Street Station.
    At very least I would like any other route to intersect with the Bakerloo line so that there is an opportunity for transferring lines without breaking immersion.

Here is the list of TFL owned lines that intersect with the Bakerloo Line:
    Overground - Euston to Watford Junction (10 stations intersect Bakerloo - Also shares track at these stations)
    Northern Line (4 stations intersect Bakerloo - Including Elephant & Castle which is the southern terminus of the Bakerloo)
    Circle Line (4 stations intersect Bakerloo - Also 3 stations appear in some form on GWE)
    Jubilee Line (2 stations intersect Bakerloo - Shares track at 1)
    District Line (2 stations intersect Bakerloo)
    Hammersmith & City Line (2 stations intersect Bakerloo)
    Metropolitan Line (1.5 stations intersect Bakerloo)
    Central Line (1 station intersects Bakerloo)
    Victoria Line (1 station intersects Bakerloo)
    Piccadilly Line (1 station intersects Bakerloo)
    Waterloo & City (1 station intersects Bakerloo)
    Elizabeth Line (2021?) (1 station intersects Bakerloo - And then runs along all GWE)

Note: Just because the lines intersect at stations; It doesn't mean that the platforms are close together, for the most of these stations there are many staircases and long winding pedestrian tunnels that need to be navigated in order change lines.
    Other than Baker Street and the Overground section, it is unlikely much more than the Bakerloo Line platforms and the path needed to switch from northbound to southbound services (without stepping on the track) will be modelled as part of the route for TSW2.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  22. tallboy7648

We all know that the Bakerloo Line wasn't requested by a huge number of players and there is proof of you look at the fourms mate. It's common sense man

• Like Like x 1
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You would also have to look at twitter, twitch, youtube, facebook, discord, many other train simulator forums and no doubt lots of other places I’m not aware of over many years (as it happened, not retrospectively) and actively collate all the data to be able to make that claim. It’s part of what community managers do in their job. Neither you nor me have that data, dovetail do. It’s not common sense, it’s knowledge.

• Like Like x 1
  24. ZeenozPlays

I’m glad we are getting a London Underground Route in general. But yeah, I’ve noticed more people asked for either the Metropolitan Line or Circle Line (including myself). However, you made a good point about it made more sense to make it now while they still have the 1972 Stock.

• Like Like x 1
  25. tallboy7648

Try telling stujoy that

• Like Like x 1
  26. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

He already did tell me as he replied to my post. What he didn’t do is use his own observations to claim something that he can’t possibly know. See my above post about all the other places requests could have been made and you’ll see that you may have missed some vital information necessary to state a fact about numbers of requests, something you insist you know.

I can’t tell all the available colours of apples from just looking at the apple tree in my mother in law’s garden, and that’s why I don’t go around claiming that all apples are red, based on what I’ve seen on one tree, or claiming that someone who states that there are green and yellow apples as well is a liar or an idiot.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Mkdog45

• Like Like x 1
  28. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Stop arguing. TallBoy you should be glad we are even getting an underground route.
    Let’s not argue ok?

• Like Like x 1
  29. UnlimitedMagic

I would have the circle line then extend it with the H&C line to Barking
    Then a phase 2 extension east to Upminster and west to Ealing Broadway including the Edgware Road and Richmond branch for the District line. Then a Phase 4 for the Metropolitan line. The Piccadilly line would be optional

30. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

District, Jubilee, Northern, Metropolitan, Hammersmith & City, Victoria or Central line.

31. tallboy7648

I am glad a poll was made to sorta validate my point. I wonder why they didn't choose the Circle Line

• Like Like x 1
  32. UnlimitedMagic

Bakerloo line was probably more acessible. Since part of the Circle line is ATO it would have been harder to do the Circle line since they would have to find out where the signals were before ATO on that part of the line

33. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

Matt says on the streams there's a load of different factors they consider when choosing a route.
    The Bakerloo line, although it wasn't as requested as much of the circle line, has more variety and has more above ground sections, plus the circle line has already been made by TML studios with World of Subways.

• Like Like x 1
  34. UnlimitedMagic

World of Subway only has C stock
    That's if you don't count the D stock AI on it

35. LewisInfiniti

LewisInfiniti Member

No. The London Underground is way more important and far more interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  36. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

All subways are interesting

• Like Like x 1
  37. UnlimitedMagic

And how does it nave more variety when there is only one loco
    The Circle line has more variety since it has the S stock and C stock if you set it between 2011-2013

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  38. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

Unlikely that it would come with both, Bakerloo has more variety because it is a 50/50 split between above ground and tunnel running, Vario different services including shorter runs to Queens Park and Stonebridge Park. Plus there's 3 depots.
    Circle line is 80% in tunnels, only one type of service (full circle) and no proper train depot on the route.

• Like Like x 2
  39. ZeenozPlays

Everyone has their own opinions and suggestions for Routes in TSW, and I think NYC Subway is more interesting than the Tube. Just because you think the Tube is more interesting, doesn't mean Everyone else thinks the same way. There is a large group of people Suggesting NYC Subway, ESPECIALLY in these forums.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  40. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

They have already hinted to another London Underground route coming at some point in the future.

I personally would like to see the Central line on there seen as I work on it, but I’ll be happy with whatever line makes it into the game!

• Like Like x 3
  41. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

I didn’t realise the Waterloo & City Line had an extension??

• Like Like x 1
  42. Mkdog45

I meant an extension on from the bakerloo line

43. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

I would like to see the Metropolitan line with the modern S7 and A60/62 rolling stock. Also a possible future add on for the Bakerloo line could be the 1938 tube stock as its still used for special excursions on both lines and was on the Bakerloo line before the 72 stock replaced it.

• Like Like x 1
  44. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

If anything it would be added to a Central line route as they go together in real life.

• Like Like x 1
  45. oliverwest523

oliverwest523 New Member

Victoria Line with Tube 1967 Stock & Tube 2009 Stock, with able set route era between 1969 to now,
    unpainted livery, multple timetables, able to create custom timetable

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  46. Class158Perkinsguy

Class158Perkinsguy Member

Piccadilly Line would be amazing

• Like Like x 1
  47. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

I personally believe Piccailly will come to TSW2. Maybe it might be in the roadmap that'll get revealed ;) I think it's been mentioned in a stream that they would stay clear of routes that use ATO, but I guess if there's enough demand for it, they could look into it. I'm going to predict Piccailly Line for Spring 2021 ;)

48. ZeenozPlays

“If there’s enough demand for it” if you want to think that way, the Circle and Waterloo & City lines will come before the Piccadilly.

49. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

ZeenozPlays I'll put money on Piccailly coming first! ;)

50. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

in a q&a??