Too Much Reality For Me Or ....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by F.Barnes, Jul 9, 2020.

1. F.Barnes

F.Barnes Active Member

.... the walking dead.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Hey,it's called train sim world...This kind'a stupidly happens in the real world to...anyway real railroad engineers fear this happening to them...so why should we be sparred from the less glamour'us side of train driving...if you can't handle reality then don't always think you can escape it in a game

• Like Like x 1
  3. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

It should absolutely be 100% spared on a train simulator. You can’t seriously suggest that fatalities should deliberately be added to the game for extra ‘realism’ and is a far more absurd than people who ask for derailments/crashes. This is obviously a glitch/fault which the developers need to look at because otherwise train companies and organisations such as Samaritans may be on their case. I know it doesn’t seem like a big deal to you but there are people of all ages and backgrounds that play this game and some I’m sure wouldn’t wish to see someone walking in front of their train realism or no realism. Did you know that even proper train simulators using by train companies which are used for driver training are not allowed to show a suicide/fatality so there is no reason for it to be on a game.

Of course, I realise that this wasn’t a deliberate addition by the developers but I’m responding to the post about this being ‘all part of the experience.’

• Like Like x 1
  4. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

Looking at it, it is quite obviously a glitch, but to suggest it be a feature would be wrong on many levels. It adds nothing of value game-wise, and just makes for an uncomfortable experience

5. SHINO BAZ

I wasn't trying to say this should be a in game feature,but to dtg ai behavior past being a passenger wasn't a in game priority so your left with this kind of side effect.But that said when you hear the stories from REAL train drivers/engineers about how seeing a car or person try and beat a train at a crossing and lose,that a real horror story,this is not,it all make believe.But if maybe somebody who plays tsw who as a casual gamer will learn something from this glitch and think twice before trying to beat a train to a crossing,maybe even a glitch has value.

6. SHINO BAZ

My guess for this is because if or when something like this really happens to a real train driver/engineer that will be horror enough no need to cause any false trama while in trainning.Because there no lesson or skill or technic that any railroad train driver/engineer school could teach to avoid these kinds of tragic events,so why even try.The real world tough enough as it is.

7. SHINO BAZ

There's pictuces in one of the post showing passengers standing on the tracks at a U.S caltrain stations(your pictures),this is far worse then a random ai walking across the tracks in front of a train,yet dtg isn't worried about this in the least,so they clearly don't care whether a real human playing the game is effected or not.This topic has been he on this forum for awhile so if dtg hasn't fixed it yet,then it's not a big problem to them.

BTW:Yes i saw you posted those pictures under tech problems.So this is what lack of game testing gets all of us,a glitch that sad stupid and not funny,it's a reminder that this can and does really happen in the real world.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  8. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

I can remeber playing World Of Subways 1 (NYC PATH network), there was a random possibility that a person would spawn on the track and you had to stop the train on time. This feature was removed in later releases, I'm wondering why, hmmm...