Great Western

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by drfm78, Jul 20, 2020.

1. drfm78

drfm78 New Member

So the one thing I want to know for TSW2 is will the Great Western Line (more importantly the mighty Class 43) be part of the preserved collection?

• Like Like x 1
  2. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

So it won't be preserved at launch.

It's possible it might be preserved, but no-one knows if it will.

Originally DTG stated that everything will be preserved, however a recent message has mentioned that not everything will be preserved.

I guess we will wait and see if any clarification appears...

• Like Like x 1
  3. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

GWR was not mentioned in either of the two upcoming Preservation Collection packs. Whether or not that means it'll be brought into TSW2 later on remains to be pure speculation :P

4. drfm78

drfm78 New Member

That's very worrying The Class 43 is my all time favourite train (although I am looking forward to the ICE)

5. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

The GWR route works quite well, so I don't think they will have much trouble making it available in TSW2.
    I think the NEC and RT are the 2 routes with more technical problems, so probably the ones with more risk of not being preserved in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Only thing that bothers me is that it’s one route where there hasn’t been any dlc for it over the years. If they port it across how much extra money could they make? In addition there has been very little changed since it launched. Don’t get me wrong, I really want this route then I can drive all my WSR engines there. I think there would be a big public outcry if it didn’t appear in TSW2. The roadmap hopefully will confirm

• Like Like x 2
  7. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

This is probably something that will be cleared up with the roadmap id assume. It is an iconic loco so id be surprised if there where not some plans around the Class 43.

• Like Like x 1
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

What needs clearing up before the roadmap is the fact that all the marketing, streams, DTG posts here on the forum and elsewhere have stated that “all DLC“ or “all content“ will be available in the preserved collection and also in the scenario editor... until this one answer to a question was posted 24 hours ago saying some DLC might not make it into the preserved collection. Followed by 24 hours and counting of radio silence on the matter.

• Like Like x 4
  9. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Understood I had not seen that post at the time.
    While not giving DTG a pass i would say its probably the older routes that require more effort to bring over for preserved collection so id be perfectly fine to see that they are planned out to be worked on after release, or are been overhauled as new routes is another possibility however i am more than 100% sure that will be met with pitch forks unless the routes where extended ect.

Persevered collection is proving to be the exact opposite to what I suspect DTG hoped it to be, that is a simple peace offering around having to start a new. It feels rushed and poorly planned and while I respect DTG for not wanting to give false information and been far more communitive with TSW2 than they ever have been the fact there is no real clear cut answer around this whole persevered collection just adds to how shambolic it all feels. I do hope they manage to work out what exactly the scope is for preserved collection as it all seems rather in flux right now.

• Like Like x 2
  10. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

class 43 very good train

• Like Like x 1
  11. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

100% agree with you. Maybe there is a reason why GWE did not get any further loco DLCs? I don't know. I guess that none of us will know until we are told. Or worse - maybe none of us will know until TSW2 gets released and actual customers see what they get when it all gets tested for the first time by the first adopters.... as usual.

This situation again just goes to show that it would be far better if DTG developed their feature set and tested it.... before announcing it as a fact and asking their marketing people to hype it up.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I thought they changed but we will see later