Ts20: Badger Brush

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Mar 19, 2020.

1. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

I don't think that it is a fair comparison. Like I've said before, vendors operate across shades of grey so that the community get things that they wouldn't ever necessarily get.

The pricing of the 89 is about right.

Have you treated yourself to that 37 yet? :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

It will get me too, eventually. I actually considered buying various Scottish TS1 routes... just for the 37s.... But I will probably hold off on that.... because the AP 37 pack should trounce doing that (in value).... many times over.

But I am not yet ready to pay £25 for one loco (even with very many liveries...).... not until I have exhausted everything else that I own... or at least tried everything else that I own..... And there is a freakin' huge amount of stuff for me to learn - even on TSW..... ;-O

And then there's the car simulators.

And then there's Dreams on PS4.... where I am making a game called "It's an Egg's Life". It's about the life of an egg (and the many challenges that eggs face, to reach their full potential)..

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  3. dunkrez

I feel it's important that you try the 37 because that will literally shape your future purchases.

4. Plastic Pal

Funnily enough - it said exactly the same thing in my horoscope. I was amazed by how specific it was.... LOL.... ;-)

But.... I think that my immediate future is with providing life-opportunities to a virtual egg. And... um.... death opportunities. And shell-smashing.

Actually - I just want to play with the physics in Dreams and see if I can get a pleasantly playable centre of gravity for rolling eggs around. And not breaking them. Too may times. I also need to source some sounds..... Now where can I get the sound of a pack of twelve eggs, all screaming when the fridge door opens and a large hand sweeps over to them and starts picking them out of the tray...? Hmmm.....

I have a feeling that I will have to record the screams myself.

5. dunkrez

Dreams reminds me of STOS basic :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Plastic Pal

It's just for a bit of fun. It's been a while since I have done any serious content or world-building. An egg-based interactive animation seems to match the aesthetic in Dreams, and my current slightly silly mood.

I am also interested in evaluating the functionality of the editor itself. It seems surprisingly powerful, when you look at the variety of projects that have already been made. The Toy Train Set physics (check YouTube) are simply awesome. Wheelslip? No problem. Level crossing detection? No problem.....

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  7. Plastic Pal

Anyway - I am going to give the 25kv electrics on TS1 a few runs on TS1 WCML over Shap, and listen to them very carefully. I am sure I have the 86, 87 and 91.... If these models sound okay to me .... then I think I will take a punt on the Class 89.... as presumably they can't have made something worse.....?

Maybe the (very few) reviews on Stream and YouTube are all just hyper-critical. Although - to be fair - I have found reviews on Steam to be reasonably accurate so far (when there are a lot of them)......

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I did not use that patch but another - which does not require the Class 158 from AP - so the Horn is different

• Helpful Helpful x 1