PlayStation Videos Of Actual Csx Rail Traffic

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Stockton Rails, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...and here are a couple of nice videos of CSX train traffic on the Sand Patch Grade in PA. Heavy CSX traffic in both of these of course (incl CSX helpers), with some UP and Amtrak traffic as well. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 4
  2. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

If you like watching U.S. freight train videos (specifically CSX), you have to check out mbmars01 on YouTube. His videos are shot in beautiful 4K and he always lists the locomotives in the consist, as well as the type of freight being moved. It's my favorite "sit back and chillax" train channel.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stockton Rails

...another nice video of some CSX train traffic, this time rail-fanning in the town of Cumberland, MD.

4. Stockton Rails

...appreciate the tip, thanks. I’ve already ran into some of his videos... I always like it when it’s not just a good looking video, but also includes info on the locos (incl any helpers), train number/symbol info if they have it, etc.

And on that note, here’s a nice video by him showing some CSX action on the Abbeville Sub in Georgia:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stockton Rails

...another great video by mbmars01 of CSX traffic on the Abbeville Sub in GA. There’s video of one of the 10 new EMD SD70AC locos picked up by CSX earlier this year, coal and auto unit trains with DPUs, manifest trains, etc. It also includes footage of some wild loco movement on some of the tracks.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  6. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

Although the ES/ET44AC's are absolutely beautiful engines, especially the CSX No. 1776 "Support Our Troops" loco, I do have to admit that my favorite loco by far is the SD70ACe-T4. I don't know why, but they're just mesmerizing to me. Now if only mbmars01 could catch the monstrous SD90MAC-H2, the "Great White Buffalo" of modern day locomotives...

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

Also try Virtual Rail fan, they have pretty good live streams of trains.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Stockton Rails

I think the SD90MAC is an awesome loco... not really sure when I first became aware of that beast, but it could’ve been when I used to film train traffic in Stockton back in the day. There was always plenty of train traffic there (I’m sure there still is)... I would typically see between 19 and 26 trains move through that area during my day trips there- it was always worth the effort to go there.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1