PlayStation Zoom In

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Allan, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Allan

Allan Member

Will we be able to zoom in on PS4 in TSW2 like the pc users can now? First of all it looks beautiful when you have the camera outside the cockpit and zooming in but most importantly it would be very useful when you don’t wanna have the hud on that shows your speed and you wanna zoom in and check at what speed you are driving inside the cockpit.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 5
  2. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

This is really an option that console users lack, especially since all the gauges are blurred and unreadable (with very few exceptions). When you see how the game looks on pc, you feel like a second-rate gamer on the console.
    I'd also like to see the maximum possible resolution of the PS4 Pro supported.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I think they have said it'll run 4K so that should also help out with the readability for Pro users, even if they don't add zoom.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

You can zoom using the PS4 Accessibility options. Go to Settings, Accessibility, (I think) and enable zoom. You can then zoom by pressing the PS button and the square button simultaneously. Press the circle button to return to normal view. It's ok for checking gauges but not good enough quality for taking pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

I agree, this option NEEDS to be implemented. People shouldn't have to purchase a wireless keyboard just to be able to zoom in.

6. Tonto62

Buying that keyboard was the best thing I ever did. It makes changing views so much easier and quick access to removing HUD items without going through a menu. But I agree, zoom should be added for console users. You don't need a keyboard to zoom in the way I described above though.

• Like Like x 3
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes, using a keyboard opens up all kinds of things. If you want, you can set up the train really quickly using the keyboard shortcuts for safety systems and lights and such, get rid of the annoying dot in the centre of the screen, turn motion blur on an off, change camera views with single presses of the number and arrow keys, configure the HUD and markers as you drive, or turn the entire HUD off completely. It’s almost a must have accessory. Unfortunately the much needed zoom isn’t a feature even with a keyboard (or mouse).

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Tried that a while ago, thinking maybe it was a workaround. It isnt . The zoom feature is part of the PS4 firmware. So when you zoom in. The distant scenery out of the cab remains out of focus because the game dosent know that youre zooming.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Tonto62

No, it's certainly not very good. I only suggested it as a way to see gauges, it's rubbish when it comes to distant views.

10. Allan

Allan Member

Let’s hope some from the developer team can answer and hopefully confirm they have fixed it for PS4

11. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Protagonist just mentioned on another thread that console users can zoom in/out only in when in the cab view.

12. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

It should be made available for external camera views as well, but could be omitted when moving on foot.
    Also the key binding for the controller should not limit this.

13. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

The way we use controller mapping on consoles needs overhauling in order to give a greater range of function to console players. This is known and it's on our long-term to-do list. For the release of TSW2 console users will now be able to zoom the camera in-cab, but not while on foot. It's a step in the right direction, but we know there's further to go.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  14. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Yes, I noticed that, checking the keys functions on new console functions image.

NEW TSW2 CONSOLE CONTROLS.jpg
    Thank you Sam!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Allan

Allan Member

Thanks a lot for the answer Sam and definitely a step in the right direction. The most important thing for me is to zoom in on the in cab camera so I can check my speed if I don’t want the HUD in the bottom right. Hopefully we can zoom in on external camera in the near future. Keep up the good works and can’t wait for TSW2

• Like Like x 1
  16. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

As much as zooming in will be cool, like the fact I can open the doors via the D-pad.

17. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Zooming in while in the cab for me is perfect. There is a lot of detail missed currently.

Also, slightly off topic, anyone noticed that when Matt has been streaming and he is in KM's and should be MPH and vice versa, quite often he has said recently with a grin "someone should fix that". Is that a sign he has put a step in to automatically match the measurement units to the country of the route you're on? I hope so because that and the zoom are two small but useful features

• Like Like x 2
  18. grdaniel48

And you can do it for the left and the right ones directly and independenly! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Member

I agree, would love to see the gauges at the very least legible on no HUD without camera trickery. I have found a work around though...

The resolution is relative to the distance from the screen. And because the the default camera imitates a very wide angle lens, the centre of the screen is further away than one would expect and it blurs the gauges. The edges though are closer to the screen, so I use the bottom left or right corner of the screen to bring the gauge I want 'closer' to the screen which makes it readable.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  20. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

First time I've seen the new controller layout. Doesn't seem that much different to the current. Opening doors with D-pad will come in handy. Still no buttons for AFB control and no button for jumping to the other end of the train, though. Was hoping those functions would also be programmed in the controller layout. I know what they'll say: no more available buttons. Can't understand why they won't open up the full usage of a controller by using combo's like in Farming Simulator. They're only using a third of the potentially available button commands at the moment.

21. grdaniel48

Other new important feature on TSW2 - DTG specially mentioned, related to the new adhesion feature - , will not be included on the controller either: Sand!
    They could include on some button by keeping pressed.

22. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

I was thinking if they would have a button for that :(

23. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think having a sand button on PS4 controller is essential. Especially given sand is going to be mega important.

24. Craigyboy

Craigyboy Member

Zoom is indeed a breath of fresh air for console players and we are great full it just needs a little more zoom so much so we can see the screens and gauges up close.