Delete Trains Properly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trainzdriver328, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Trainzdriver328

Trainzdriver328 Active Member

Hello, can someone please tell me how to delete a train? I know that this can be done faster via Steam, but I'm not sure whether all folders of a trains are really deleted. So I want to find out how to do it from Explorer. Thank you very much!

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

What are you trying to delete and Why?

If it is something that you purchased thru Steam then you can just remove the Route/Train by going in to your Steam Client and Unticking the DLC - from that point you can use Windows Explorer to Delete those items
    If later you decide you want them back you just reselect them and Steam reinstalls a fresh copy. But if you Delete a Steam acquired Route or Train without removing it via the Steam Client then the next Steam Verify will reinstall them.

Everything you own in the Game is kept in your C:\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks folder
    In that you have an Assets folder which keeps all the items you see in the game - trains, tracks, buildings, scenery etc
    And a Content folder which has all your Routes and Scenarios

If you have purchased a train from a third party then when you remove it yu have lost it.
    Unless you have access to the installation files

Peter

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Trainzdriver328

It's the Class 365 from Armstrong Powerhouse. It is not visible on the rail, except for the couplings. I installed everything what needs. It's just like the Class 90. I can see the locomotive and the DVT, but not the cars.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Class 90 - Have you installed the extra downloads for the Mk3 Coaches (cars)?
    Recommended Requirements
    We have also created matching Mk3 coach reskins (One Dark Blue, One Light Blue, Red/Black & Silver) for this pack which are essential for the 'Quick Drive' consists to work correctly. These reskins can be obtained by downloading the following two items:
    Mk3s Extra Stock
    DTG West Coast Main Line North

https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/rolling_stock/locomotive2/class_90-mk3_dvt_pack

The AP Class 365 is just a repaint of existing stock plus features - for it to work you also need
    Essential Requirements
    DTG ECML London to Peterborough
    DTG Southeastern Class 465
    https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/enhancements/multiple_unit/class_365_enhancement_pack

If you wish to remove the Class 90 go in to \railworks\Assets\AP_Waggonz and Delete the Class90Pack
    That would save you 558Mb but it hardly seems worth it

Removing the AP Class 365 - go in to \railworks\Assets\AP and you should see the Class365Pack01 - delete that.
    Again it does not save you much space

Peter

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Trainzdriver328

Thank you for the many tips. I will see if it works tomorrow morning. If there are any problems, I will contact you again. Thank you again!:)