Euro Fishing Game Looks Terrible Now

Discussion in 'PC' started by WikusMazal, Oct 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Came back to the game after a few months break. And the game looks terrible after the Unreal engine update. Everything is way to over bright. All the fish looks like they have some sickness and all the lakes the water looks terrible. At Digger Lakes it looks like you are fishing in milk and the rest looks plain dirty. Things went badly backwards with the graphics. :(

2. ian

ian Member

caught some looks like they have white wool for skin

3. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Which graphics setting are you using Wikus?

4. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

1920x1080
    Fullscreen
    Quality High
    Vsync on

This was not an issue before the Unreal engine update. Before that update the game looked fine.

Technical: Cpu I5 , 32gig 1666 Ram , Geforce GTX 1050Ti 4Gig , Windows 10 64bit Pro , Latest Nvidia drivers.

5. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

I have googled for maybe a possible known issue in general with the card , and I came across this:

https://pcmonitors.info/articles/correcting-hdmi-colour-on-nvidia-and-amd-gpus/

I do use HDMI as my connection to monitor , and the symptoms caused by that problem sounds a lot like mine. Will check my Nvidia range setting tonight , test the fix mentioned there to switch to full range. And report back if there is a difference

6. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Can you provide us with a screenshot on how it looks before you try the solution at the link provided please?

We will be interested to see the results when you have tried it.

7. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Ok I tried the above fix. It added a lot more colour , but the water ain't better. Still looks like milk at Digger lakes.

And to make things worse , after I took the screenshots and exited the game , I loaded up again to check how the other lakes look and now my character with everything is GONE !!!! Just takes me to the create character screen !! This game sucks. I love this game but all the issues are getting to much now. All the time spend on that character gone for no reason !!!!

Attached is screenshots of the Digger lakes milk

Attached Files:

8. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Really p^%$^ ed off now about my character that just vanished !!!

And the water looked the same before the fix as well.

9. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Did your game crash when you exited it?

Check in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fishing\FishingGame\Saved\Logs and see if the folder created around the time you lost your profile has a UE4 minidump. If it does please send this along with your reply to your Kayako ticket.

10. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

There is no saved or logs folder. Created a ticket , but don't have much hope.

11. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Checked the water out on Xbox , looks just as terrible. Milk at Digger. So it's not a pc thing , but this game.

RE my character. I restored the whole c:\users\username\appdata\local\fishinggame folder (which contains a saves folder) from my backups from yesterday. That didn't even help. All data gone. Is there somewhere else where the character data is located that I can check if I have it in my backups ?

12. Bacon Hoarder

Bacon Hoarder New Member

I'm on Xbox, and was playing this weekend's tournament on Digger Lakes, when my wife walked by and asked "Is that ice fishing?".

Hopefully this will be addressed in a future update. Water is bluish-white on XB1. St. John also looks a little too light-blue to be realistic, imo. I'm in US, so my apologies if that's how the water really looks.

13. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

It's not supposed to look like that and it never did. It went white like that after the Unreal engine update few months ago.

14. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

The development team have been made aware of this and will be making changes to the water. At the moment I can't say if it will be in the next update or one after that.

15. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Thank you Dovetail games !!! :) DTG_Stephen No more milk at Digger Lakes. Screenshots of the same lake at roughly the same places after today's update and a screenshot of a big fish picture fitting into the screen now :

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Yay! We're glad you're liking it so far :D

17. markswe

markswe New Member

LOL im happy i play on PS4