Bakerloo Line Question And Answer Session - 31 July

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Jul 29, 2020.

1. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Normally we'd post this thread for your questions after the trailer had been released - it's still doing laps of various approval processes at the moment. Since we want to give you ample time to ask your questions, this is the official thread in which to submit them.

Topics for this Friday are:
    The Bakerloo Line
    Route selections - how do we choose what to make
    Route length

We'll also be talking about NEC and passengers. Hold your questions on those two topics, as what we're planning to talk about will probably cover the majority of what you want to know.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Why does the Bakerloo Line not have in train announcements inside the train when arriving or leaving the station or station announcements like in real life since announcements are part of the London Underground and especially if a game like OpenBVE which is over a decade old can have clear working announcements?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. DTG Protagonist

You can answer that one without needing my help. There plenty of things we don't have for the same reason in every case - time.

We don't have a dynamic announcement system in the game. Obviously it's something we want to add, but it doesn't exist at the moment.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

what kind of scenarios are we going to get like i wouldn't mind scenarios which are a decent length or have an interesting variety. also with regards to driving underground how have you gone about making the external cameras work whilst underground as sometimes it didn't always seem to work well in routes like RT.
    edit: just to add on with tsw 2 will there be occasions where a certain timezone stations will be more busy like in rush hour like not to the extent its real life but enough to know its busy

• Like Like x 3
  5. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Are all the timetabled services going to be end to end?

• Like Like x 3
  6. parker5906

parker5906 New Member

I've seen people in the fourms and even a YouTuber say that the Bakerloo Line wasn't the most requested underground route for tsw, people have said that the Circle Line was the most requested by a huge number of players in the fourms, not the Bakerloo and there's even a poll in the fourm to show that the circle line is hugely requested. My question is why was the Bakerloo Line chosen as the first underground line for tsw and not the Circle Line if the Circle Line was asked and requested by a huge number of players if the Bakerloo line wasn't requested by a huge number of players?

• Like Like x 5
  7. Markerson

Markerson Member

Hi

Fairly sure you mentioned in an earlier q&a about a new “jobs” mode which would be in place of journeys. Does this mean that we will see a way to take services back and forward on Bakerloo without quitting to the menu? If this is possible/available will we be able to save our “shift” to continue at a later time?

How will action points (AP) be attained on this (and other routes)? We know that our progress from TSW won’t carry across to TSW2 but how is progress recorded on TSW2, similar to TSW or any changes to this?

Many thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  8. MegaSim

MegaSim Member

Hey Everyone, here are my questions:

Do we have access to ALL depots? for starting of timetables etc?

Elephant & Castle - do we have access to the little shed bit at the end to store trains

Engineering Train - will we have one for the underground?

WCML - when we are on the overground, will we see WCML trains or even overground trains as AI?

Scenario Planner - will we get access to the WCML track to use which is next to the Bakerloo Line?

Are there any scenarios of a broken down train to bypass? or fix?

When will we hear about Livery Designer? is there copyright issues, can we upload a logo on console? Is it shapes and text only? what's the colour palette?

How far can we walk in the station, or are we restricted to the two platforms, can we walk between the two somehow using the standard walkways?

Are the train sounds realistic like the motors/brakes making a noise whilst in the station?

I think this is it so far

Thanks

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. femmerton

femmerton Member

Will the electric passenger board display work and will we get on-board train and station announcements. Also will we get to enter the stations from the outside.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

They’ve told us no to this already. It’s sad, but it’s not happening. At least not yet.

• Like Like x 2
  11. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Because it's short (that makes it a good candidate for a start), it doesn't really interact with any other LU lines and it's not all underground.

• Like Like x 3
  12. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

yes i would prefer half outdoor half indoor.

• Like Like x 1
  13. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

If by "little shed" you are referring to London Road depot - this location has featured in teaser screenshots...

However the teaser screenshots for the Class 20 DLC showed a pair of "Choppers" leaving Redcar terminal with a rake of limestone hoppers which is something which DOESN'T occur in the game other than the "Railfreight" scenario (and you're NOT driving that train)

14. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

But it DOES interact with London OVERGROUND from Queens Park to Harrow & Wealdstone having SHARED USE of the track (and railway infrastructure). But point taken the Circle interacts with obviously the District, but also the Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City lines.

• Like Like x 1
  15. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

The Circle line interacts with all sub-surface lines throughout (as you most likely know) but AI trains wouldn’t be an issue as they all share the same rolling stock with different car numbers (S8) & (S7) so I wouldn’t be surprised if we get the Circle line which is also in fact above ground in parts now too.

16. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

Wouldn’t be an issue with the Circle line as all Sub-Surface lines share the same rolling stock.

17. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

Looking forward to scenario planner and making some of the lines very busy, but will there be lots of screen lag as if there is more than one train it starts to get jerky on TSW1?

• Like Like x 1
  18. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

Time will tell but I’d imagine so, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 2
  19. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Has the sleeper rendering distance been improved or fixed?
    Will London Paddington station be modeled with GWE trains? Can you also directly transfer into the GWE route from the underground Paddington station? (probably not, I guess)
    Rush hour times?
    More passengers, especially on console?
    Functional escalators?

On the topic of route length: I fully understand how much time and effort goes into building a route. For me personally, I would rather wait longer for a longer, higher quality, more detailed, and fully fetched route. Instead of more frequent shorter ones.

• Like Like x 3
  20. tallboy7648

I would rather wait as well for a full line route instead of a short unconnecting non full line route riddled with bugs. What's DTGs strategy to make full line routes?

• Like Like x 1
  21. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Does the train have sometimes a nice door slam or that the doors are not at the same time closing?

• Like Like x 1
  22. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

As previously directed I posed this question, but since we are being asked to post questions (again) I'll ask it again...

Look forward to your insights as always

• Like Like x 1
  23. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

How does the passenger AI work and why isn't there much passenger activity on routes such as MSB?

• Like Like x 1
  24. Knightfire1964

Well with msb its probably because they have reduced passengers to make the run at a reasonable rate something they have said has changed with tsw2 but they have answered that question in a few livestreams I think in the past

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. DTG Protagonist

We now have plenty of questions for the next session, thanks for submitting them. As with all other Q&A sessions, we won't get to every single question but I have tried to capture the spirit of what has been asked that will be important to the largest number of people.

• Like Like x 3
  26. tallboy7648

But if the game is delayed, then wouldn't it be the perfect time and opportunity to implement in train announcements to this route. Like really dtg

• Like Like x 1
  27. Knightfire1964

not sure it's as easy as that maybe in the future but not when the game is released as they would have to get all the audio stuff from TfL you got to remember working conditions are different now and with only 20 days to go I doubt it will be possible

• Like Like x 2
  28. auhron

auhron New Member

Those are actually working destination boards at the stations?! We got working destination boards outside the ICE and now in the train station(s)/on platforms as well?! Please answer if this will be on all new tracks/routes or only for Bakerloo?

If we now get "next station" announcements (voice) in the trains and working EBuLa I'll end up having nothing to complain about....

Anyway I also want to say thanks for listening to customer feedback and all the work and transparency, especially over the last couple of weeks. It looks like you are really on the right "track" ;) hopefully in the future we can get the remaining points on "my" list as well, that would be so great!

• Like Like x 3
  29. tallboy7648

It's about time dtg start actually listening to their customers

• Like Like x 1
  30. Oo7 BELL 7oO

We now have working PIS for the Bakerloo Line and after launch will be added to
    Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen and all future passenger routes.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Oo7 BELL 7oO

DTG is always listening to its customers and as said in the stream: "We take in all the suggestions from our staff and consumers. We look at what we think will be popular and look at length, variety and how interesting we think it will be then we find a route that we think people will like and set about making it.

• Like Like x 1
  32. russianchip

russianchip Guest

Rather than the routes being looked at, maybe Xbox enhanced, 4K and HDR could be focused on. I know TSW2 news mentions it but it’s not been spoken about in the stream.

• Like Like x 2
  33. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I think that’s incorrect. They said it should be possible to implement in future routes but they never mentioned adding it to Scnellfahrstrecke Koln-Aachen.

• Like Like x 1
  34. DTG Protagonist

More than that, it's possible to add them to all routes, past, present and future. However, we have no plans to add them to anything other than Bakerloo for the launch of TSW2.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  35. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Does this include the preserved collecton? In the future that is

36. Knightfire1964

i think when he meant the past. he was basically referencing the preserved collection yes possibly

37. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

To clarify what was said in the TSW 2 announcement page: “The London Underground: a route highly requested by players now comes to TSW”, something like that. They only said the London Underground, they never said anything about a specific line that players wanted in the game, all DTG knew as far as I know is that most ppl wanted the London Underground Railway in the game, but they didn’t know which specific line the community wanted. Anyways the Bakerloo line has overground parts, and I don’t think the circle line has them, correct me if I’m wrong. If the entire route is just tunnels then it wouldn’t be as fun for most ppl and not a lot would want to buy it.

• Like Like x 2
  38. tallboy7648

The Circle Line has Overground sections as well. The reason the Bakerloo line was chosen as sort of a test to future underground lines and also that the other lines have complex signaling and isn't fully automatic. The Bakerloo line itself wasn't the most requested London Underground route people wanted according to DTG

• Like Like x 1
  39. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Oh I see, well then with the release of the Bakerloo line I hope they can release more subway or underground routes in other countries such as the German U-bahn or NYC subway, or, maybe one based in LA or in another city. Or, maybe they can release more London Underground routes based in other lines in the future, but I think it might not be such a good idea since they would have to reuse the trains, not to mention a practical repetition of the route.

• Like Like x 1