PlayStation Console Control Ideas

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I posted this as a reply to another thread, but I think it could benefit from a thread to itself.

I really hope the controller controls can be thought out better. There is so much potential. For example, you could have multi-layered controls. This means you could have your standard controls (less one or two buttons that are used for secondary and/or tertiary controls).

My vision is that in standard mode for example, the L1/L2 triggers control brakes and R1/R2 triggers control throttle. But if you hold X whilst using L1/L2 or R1/R2 the triggers increase/decrease AFB. Doing this you could set one of the triggers for sand, too.

This vision extends to the horn. Whilst holding X left stick up is high horn, left stick down is low horn. But in standard mode (no button pressed) left stick up/down controls zoom. Pressing and holding another button, e.g. O could allow the sticks to continue manipulating the reverser forwards and backwards.

Hopefully the community likes where I’m coming from. Yes, it’ll make the controller more complicated to use, but we would soon get used to it.

What functions do you want or think should be included?

• Like Like x 2
  2. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

I think it would be really cool if they set it up like Gran Turismo or Elite: Dangerous, where you can customize EVERY button and button combination to your liking.

• Like Like x 3
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Now that would be fantastic. In that way you could please all of the people all of the time, something which they say can’t be done!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

I completely agree.

In the case of Elite Dangerous, they manage to cram an amazing number of controls onto the gamepad by allowing combination of buttons and/or secondary buttons for the same function. They also make use of the four zones on the touchpad of the DualShock.

My main reason for plugging my keyboard info my PS4 each time I play TSW is just to be able to use the two horn tones so having this as per your suggestion would be amazing.

• Like Like x 3
  5. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Should be a nice feature, but they need to make if you press a combination like; L2 + Δ, then you are not going to stand up or increasing the throttle.

• Like Like x 1