Train Sim World 2 - Push The Button!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

This is exactly what we are complaining about and it has nothing to do with the language. If you agree with something, you don't need to make a post to say you agree (or that you have read the post) every single time. Everyone assumes you do agree unless you say otherwise. Please understand that if every person reading this forum posted an "i agree" post to what Protagonist said above, there would be hundreds of posts and it would be impossible to read the forums.

Please follow the same guidelines everyone else does, so we can all have a good and productive interaction in the forums.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Look...if DTG do not have an issue with him we should just leave it at that and we should not be ostracising people based on their posting style. If English is not somebody's first language, we have to be mindful of that.

As far as I can see, he is not being harmful towards anyone and is quite enthusiastic for train simming and we should include him in converstations where possible.

• Like Like x 5
  3. palme111100

palme111100 Active Member

If English is not your first language(as for myself - German is my first one), that is obviously no problem here.
    What my problem is, is the "posting style" your reffering to. This "posting style" that bothers me a bit is just posting "yes" or "yes I see". I mean, come on, if you want to show your agreement... there's a like and helpful button. On top of that, I don't see that this is due to the fact English is not his first language. If your English is bad, I really don't mind as I started somewhere as well. As long as we understand what is said, that's absolutely fine. So wouldn't be posts better which contribute to the conversation to learn how to deal with the English language? From my experience I can say that practice is key (and I don't see posting "yes I see" as practice).
    Sorry, but I had to get out my opinion about this topic.

• Like Like x 11