PlayStation Peninsula Corridor: Speed Management

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by erwan.grace, Jun 29, 2020.

1. erwan.grace

erwan.grace New Member

Hi everyone,
    Can someone give me some advices about how to manage the train speed when approaching a station? Usually, I try to arrive at the platform at 15 mph so that I can stop the train easily. But from the station sign to the beginning of the platform, I'm not sure about the speed I should apply. Thanks a lot for your help.

2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

It's a difficult one and you will find each loco is different. You will get used to how long it takes you to stop and the approach speed the more you play. Which engine were you using on Penn Corridor?

3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Practice, practice, practice!

4. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

When you are nearing the platform area release your train brakes and allow the engine to coast to the area where you want to stop then gradually apply the train bakes for a stop. As an example, a real engineer has marks such as a post or building he will use in the approach. For example when reaches a point near the platform he or she will make a slight brake set and throttle down to maintain the 15 mph speed. release the brakes and use the throttle to maintain that speed and when the brakes are fully released throttle down and let the train coast up to where you plan to stop and at the same time move the throttle up or down to maintain the speed. When you get close to that stopping point, just set a little train brack and come to a stop. As Anthony said, practice, practice, practic, and by using marks it will easily start to fall in to a rhythm where you can make perfect stop every time.

• Like Like x 2