Train Sim World 2 – Going Underground!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Jul 31, 2020.

1. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

• Like Like x 13
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Roll on 8pm.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

Sam is the Q&A confirmed for tonight (I previously saw you had it as tbc)?

• Like Like x 1
  4. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Nice pictures. Though I’m disappointed to see from the trailer that you’ve still included that awful bloom effect.

• Like Like x 3
  5. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Yes he said on another post earlier, that unless sam tells us otherwise, nothing changes

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

'nothing changes' as in it's on or still tbc 'unless Sam tells us otherwise'?
    Thanks Jason

7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It is happening unless we are told otherwise.

• Like Like x 3
  8. jasonpfc

Its happening, i should of been more clearer

• Like Like x 1
  9. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Bloody hell that artwork looks nice and it’s good to see a destination display on the platform working

• Like Like x 3
  10. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

very good uk mtr route

• Like Like x 1
  11. DTG Protagonist

This is your "Q&A is confirmed" post.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

I am incredibly excited about the answer to "Why is the PIS working?" :D

• Like Like x 3
  13. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Right? Is it REALLY working or just dummied up? If it works for real, that would be a fantastic addition.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Watched the vid. Oh my....... are we getting PIS? Are we getting it??? Is it working????? Ohhhhh I'm getting excited here!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  15. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has already been asked but what is the dot matrix display on the left hand side on front of the 1972 stock? It displays three numbers and the numbers are seemingly different on each train.

TrainSimWorld2_06_logo.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Is DTG listening?They included PIS....They did save the best trailer for last

• Like Like x 2
  17. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

That's the train number, basically the LU version of a headcode

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Forzaboy4

Forzaboy4 Member

WOW! Dovetail really have saved the best till last. I am not a fan of American railways (Sorry to all Americans) so I didn't pay much attention to the route, but the Koln-Aachen got my head turning. On the edge of my seat now. An animated PIS!? And not that, with train approaching as well. I must say, they have redeemed themselves here for their past ways. Really excited now, only 20 days to go! I must say, this could be on for the title of not just best TS, but simulators as a whole!

• Like Like x 5
  19. bart2day

I agree and I like your optimism but lets just wait until the stream tonight. The fact the PIS doesn't work in some of the clips in the trailer has me slightly worried and if we can't put stock on the WCML that'll be a bit of a bummer. Hopefully my concern is misplaced.

• Like Like x 2
  20. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Brilliant article and amazing trailer! DTG should be really impressed with themselves creating such an iconic route. I am very much looking forward to further details. I know everyone is excited to see the PIS, but I'm slightly cautious and hesitant on how it's actually working. When looking at the trailer it didn't seem to display when the train is "due" while the train was on the platform and says "4min" and "1min". It would be disappointing if the feature randomly generates timings. But nonetheless I'm very happy to see how immersive it all is!

• Like Like x 4
  21. Scorpion71

Well, what do we all think?

PIS: Was ecstatic to see this implemented, was getting a bit worried towards the end that it could of been photo-shopped images/video but huge sigh of relief to see it working. Shame there are no sound announcements.

Passengers: Pity we are still seeing passengers in carriages whilst in depot. Really do hope they finally get this sorted.

There were a couple of minor things I was disappointed with but things are looking a lot brighter now than after that first stream.

Yep, day 1 purchase for me now.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  22. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Yes, PIS it is a great and surprising news- due they mentioned it won't be available! -, hope it also work of the Koln Aachen route too!
    I believe yes, due to they showed on the trains itself. Then I believe will be the same for the platforms!
    What was strange were the trains stops on the stations, but not passenger get off the train!

• Like Like x 1
  23. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

For me this went from a hold off until a sale purchase to a Day 1 as soon as possible purchase

• Like Like x 3
  24. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Good morning Sam, not long watched the stream on youtube, impressive. Questions answered so thankyou but I left one out which I asked previously.

We know that console players can now open/close doors using a single button, no pop-up menu, will PC users get the same choice?

I tried to find the answer in the news feed but only stated PC players will have the choice of mouse or keyboard....but can we get rid of the pop-up menu to open/close doors too?

Thanks for stream, time and hard work going into the game, great things ahead.

25. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

I'm not too sure but I think they are service numbers like on the Peninsula Corridor like 300-399 express 200-299 regional and 199-199 stops everywhere ( LU probably wont follow the same format).

• Like Like x 1
  26. Forzaboy4

Forzaboy4 Member

Well, I must agree with some of you, the stream provided much needed clarity for us all. Mirrors, PIS, Route Selection etc. I can now see why they left the route that took the longest the build until last, and I am currently excited for the future! Only 19 more days to go now

• Like Like x 5
  27. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's not dynamic as in if the player runs late it doesn't keep track, but it syncs with the in game timetable, not the real life one

• Like Like x 2
  28. Scorpion71

I shall stand corrected. I obviously mis-heard them in the sheer excitement of seeing it working :)

Original post edited.

29. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I like the Bakerloo.

First of all it's a part the iconic London Underground with famous stations like Waterloo, Elefant and so on. The design of the stations looks very interesting. Much more than that of the Leipzig city tunnel in RT. Than there is a good variety between under- and overground action.

The passenger information systems in the stations is a very nice addition and a big surprise. I hope in the near future it will come for the other routes too.

And after the upgrade we will get a timetable with around 400 services. Than Bakerloo will feel almost authentic.

• Like Like x 4
  30. bart2day

Nope. If you listen at the end of the stream they said the platform displays won’t work on Koln-Aachen, at least to beginning with. It’s a Bakerloo only feature to begin with.

I enjoyed the stream. PIS will be great. Spawning at stations and riding services will be much more enjoyable now I’m sure. Also great to see working mirrors and clock services at the end of the platforms. Was worried they would have left those out. They did have a couple of letdowns for me though. 200 services is very disappointing (should be close to 1000 if it was the real life timetable) so I will be eagerly awaiting the update to 450. Off to the scenario planner in the meantime i think.

• Like Like x 2
  31. DTG Protagonist

It hasn't belonged in any of the Q&As we've done yet (which is why it hasn't been covered. I'll be putting a general Q&A thread up tomorrow - that'd be a great place for it. I'd love to answer you now, directly, but I don't have that answer.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

I am definitely excited for the Bakerloo line. I love any sort of metro or mass transit especially if it goes underground. I also can't wait for that "off the rails" feature so I can drive a M3 or MP15DC on the route. I love how we are finally given the freedom to drive what we want where we want.

However this may be a little off topic but it looks like DTG forgot to change the release date on the TSW 2020 homepage on DTG live. Unless because this was the first announcement it was not changed. See the mistake.
    Screenshot 2020-08-02 at 11.08.26 AM.png

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  33. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Is the date locked for this Q&A thread if so do you know when the Q&A is?(Off topic ©)

34. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

The only bad thing about this route...is you guessed it no WCML AI

• Like Like x 1
  35. jasonpfc

Im personally not to bothered about the no WCML activity, id rather have a fully focused bakerloo line, then some of the WCML being done aswell, yes it might of been nice to see some Al activity, hopefully in furture the WCML will have a route of its own.

• Like Like x 3
  36. Trainsimmartin

Trainsimmartin New Member

Refering to the latest Q&A Bakerloo Line on YouTube

Omg are you serious (Just Trains- Metropolitan Line- 3rd rail sparks =Yes) (TSW2- 3rd rail sparks = No) (TS Classic - The Virtual District Line - 3rd Rail Sparks + Passenger /station announcements = Yes) ( TSW2 - Passenger/Station Announcements = No)

Seriously it just goes to show TS Classic is a lot better what with Just Trains, Virtual District Line etc etc, the announcements on VDL was £5 and the route its self was free, i would rather pay more to get more. Yes im gutted about the fact there isnt no announcements and i very much doubt i am the only one thats gutted...

• Like Like x 4
  37. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Thank goodness for my mute button!

• Like Like x 2
  38. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Agreed!

39. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

You're forgetting that the Bakerloo line will be more detailed and has better physics than both the Met and District lines in TS20.
    Plus the met line is double the price.

• Like Like x 3
  40. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

thanks sam, ill pop it in and appreciate the reply.

41. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Probably a silly question but see the section where the bakerloo line runs on the watford DC section is there AWS ramps on the watford DC line now I know bakerloo line trains don't use AWS but just looking at the tracks there doesn't seem to be any AWS ramps on that part in the game play

• Like Like x 1
  42. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I didn’t noticed that but irl of course there is like at Willesden Junction

• Like Like x 1
  43. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Thought that they might have just not modeled it

44. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

They said it’s still a pre-production version shown so maybe they’ll add it for the final version ( which I highly doubt to be honest )

45. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

They did also say not to expect huge changes from that which has also been shown. So, my assumption is that apart from a few minor adjustments, we have most likely seen as close to what will be released.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  46. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Hello can you explain to me how TSW2 is better than TSW1. The graphics look the same. The detail of the locos look the same. Yes there's a few new features from a unreal engine upgrade. But is that we are paying for ? The dev time for the unreal engine upgrade. Usually this was a free core update.

Am very much looking forward to playing.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

We are also paying for new features like the livery creator which looks pretty awesome to me.

• Like Like x 2
  48. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Hey, you get 3 brand new routes, livery designer, scenario planner and new HUD and UI. Along with new dovetail live features. As far as why its not being updated to tsw 2021 is "We need to bring Train Sim World forward – advance the engine, evolve SimuGraph® (Dovetail’s own physics engine that powers Train Sim World), add new features and capabilities for more types of train simulation such as High Speed, long freight, and in the future Steam Engines, Multiplayer and more." This is taken for the F&Q.

• Like Like x 3
  49. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Be aware that a lot of this is just marketing talk. You won’t see any significant changes or improvements at first. Any improvements that may come will be delivered over a period of time.

• Like Like x 5
  50. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You're not obliged to buy it. You can wait till you see the improvements you want.

• Like Like x 5