Train Size Options London Waterloo Line(tsw2)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, Aug 2, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

In lirr's timetable mode you could choose a 6/8/10 car train,any idea if such a option might be part of the waterloo line.the ability to pick from perhaps at least 3 tube train lengths?

• Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

All tube trains are the same length to fit on the platforms and retain full capacity.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Each tube line has trains or a certain length, which generally fit on the platforms though not always. On arrival at stations there are announcements saying which door or doors won't open
    So all bakerloo line trains will be the same length, 7 carriages

4. SHINO BAZ

Well i'm at least hoping there will be a option or reason for coupling and uncouling units,other tsw multiunit trains have this option like the db talent 1442-6,m7,m3,db br 422/425,br class 101,377/4 as examples.the waterloo line looks great but the line is a single train(one size)and will get old fast without some kind of options to work with,plus OTR mode might open the door for a reason for longer or shorter trains.(In matts q&a he said that the bakerloo line senarios is just a 5 part time table run)is the bakerloo line so limited that dtg couldn't even come up with any senarios that where a little different from just timetabling runs).

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

To be fair though, in real life the trains are seven coaches long and it doesn’t change. The scenarios include starting up a train at the start of the day and putting it away again at the end. There really isn’t much else you could do other than a train breakdown. Driving a route like the Bakerloo line would be very repetitive in real life. Players will be doing what happens every day, which is driving up and down the line picking up and dropping off passengers. That’s what it’s all about.

It will get boring if you want every trip to be totally different but that’s not really what this route is about. It’s about doing the runs repeatedly until you get good at them. There are 200ish services to do, so they won’t be exactly the same and you can drive in different weather conditions to make good use of the variable adhesion feature, which will make each run different as it will get more challenging to drive in wet conditions for example. If and when the fuller timetable comes along there will be shorter gaps between trains so that will become another challenge. There really isn’t anything else you should be expecting from it. You can go nuts in the scenario planner if you want to do things that aren’t realistic though, so there is that option.

6. ARuscoe

It's the BAKERloo line, not Waterloo. The line used to run from Baker Street to Waterloo

And Tube line trains don't often couple and decouple as they're built specifically for the lines they run on and the platforms on that line. A lot of the lines which are not subsurface don't even cross rails so there would be no need to have trains of differing lengths on them and with trains up to every 3 minutes, there always another one coming

7. SHINO BAZ

No i think waterloo is a more accurate then bakerloo,because if it get boring and repetitive like it sound it will,it will become the 2nd tws route to do so,and will leave some of us in tears for having bought it.Thank goodness it's not yet a single 30.00 route.And if your wondering what the other boring and repetitive route was heres a clue lirr,also 1 train(eldefecto) with the route and 1 extra train which has serious defects,50.00 for this routes a joke that should make anyone who bought it cry.(I'm not crying because i had a chance to try it and thank goodness i found out before hand what a pile it it).

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  8. ARuscoe

Think what you want. I rode on it daily for a few years...

You don't have to buy it. You don't have to buy anything. What you do with your money is your choice, and if you don't like metro routes then don't play this, but then there are a lot of metro routes in the world so you'll miss out on a lot of possible content

9. SHINO BAZ

I don't think that bakerloo line looks or sounds like a bad route(depending on how fully it has been tested), i'm just saying it's dissapointing dtg didn't even try and give the line a few extra interesting senarios or options,there have been other tsw route with small not normal operations added so bakerloo sure could use something to give driving through mostly dark tunnels.alittle different feel.i mean if it where 90% normal scheduled passenger operations and 10% slighty different something that be totally fine.plus if i had ever had visited london i would definitely have ridden this line,my thoughts on the in game version are only on the in game version not the real bakerloo line,don't confuse them,the real line is for metro travel,but the in game version should also offer things other then just 100% the same.Hence being a game.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  10. ARuscoe

Please provide reference detail on this... We don't know what the scenarios or service mode details are as yet, and there are plenty of "funky movements" on the Bakerloo including depot moves, depot to mainline moves, reversing at end of line moves...
    "200 services" doesn't have to mean 200 end to end services...