London Fenchurch To Shoeburyness

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by taybarker20, Aug 3, 2020.

1. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

The main line runs from Fenchurch Street to Shoeburyness via Basildon over a distance of 39 miles 40 chains (63.6 km). A loop line between Barking and Pitsea provides an alternative route via Grays and Tilbury; there is a short branch line connecting the two via Ockendon. The line has a maximum speed limit of 75 mph (121 km/h), although the Class 357 and Class 387electric trains which run on it are capable of speeds of 100 mph (161 km/h) and 110 mph (177 km/h) respectively. It’s main users are commuters travelling to and from London, particularly the City of London which is served by Fenchurch Street, and areas in east London including the Docklands financial district via London Underground and Docklands Light Railway connections at Limehouse and West Ham. The line is also heavily used by leisure travellers, as it and its branches serve a number of seaside resorts, shopping areas and countryside destinations. Additionally, the route provides an artery for freight traffic to and from the port of Tilbury.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_357
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_387

• Like Like x 6
  2. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention the freight (and other stuff) that goes to Foulness island from Shoeburyness... :) WP_20181118_12_01_50_Pro[1].jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. drewoneill.01

drewoneill.01 New Member

This would be a great route and shouldn’t be too hard to achieve as a mostly standalone line!

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think this would be a great route but with the loop via Tilbury and the branch through Ockendon it doubles the route length and then it probably becomes out of the range for TSW. It looks like it would probably need all of it to make it truly great but maybe just the mainline could be made.

5. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

That’s a fantastic one!

One that has certainly been overlooked in MSTS, and TS too?!

6. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

i very like London Fenchurch To Shoeburyness

7. taybarker20

Could have services to Shoeburyness and Southend Central

8. LucaW1

LucaW1 New Member

That's a decent idea tbf, would really like to see that. Everything about the route is ideal in terms of TSW really. Firstly, the route is a decent length but still within DTGs "limit" as such. Also it only really has one train run down it (357s) but with the 387s at peak. I feel like DTG could do the route and include the 357 and then do the 387 as a later DLC. Would be easy considering all they'd have to do is edit the 377. Good idea I say.

9. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

I think that it should also have the class 720, which will be added onto the c2c network in Summer 2021.

10. chadwright950

chadwright950 New Member

I totally would back this route 100% I'm a driver in real life over this line and it shouldn't be to complex to make in comparison to others. There's many yards and sidings for freight and speed limits vary across the route to make it more interesting. As said above it has a branch line via ockendon to mix things up abit to. Some good scenery on route going past 2 major ports at tilbury and London gateway port. From what I can gather the route has been looked at by people ( not sure if it's dovetail) on ts which i suppose is a good start.

• Like Like x 2
  11. taybarker20

Having a full route would make people happy and plus all the stopping at the stations would make the route have more hours instead of a 30 minute drive

12. coolrobert21

coolrobert21 New Member

As a local to the London Fenchurch Street to Shoeburyness line, I would love to see this made for Train Sim World 2, I've been wanting this for Train Simulator or Train Sim World for ages

13. Adam4422

Adam4422 New Member

Great idea.

14. Adam4422

Adam4422 New Member

Same here i live very close to the c2c route, i have been wanting to see this for a while in a train simulator.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bussikuski179

bussikuski179 New Member

It could even have tube services between West Ham and Upminster. The c2c would feel weird without it. And it could also be the first phase of a standalone District line.

16. davidgilbey1974

davidgilbey1974 New Member

I think the fenchurch street via grays and tilbury would work best as you have the freight trains from Tilbury docks and Dagenham docks and the new docks at corringham they could do extra variety in the scenarios, and as they use the same freight trains that are already in GWR add on, it saves on modelling for that lol, and I agree the it’s a great idea as this line is famous as it has been ferrying the east ends population to Southend since Victorian times hence when they renamed the line they called it c2c “city 2 coast

oh and as a photographer I’d be happy to help with any video or photos of any of the lines buildings etc

17. joew31181

joew31181 New Member

Please make this line. Has good opportunities for freight with Tilbury as well as famous stations like fenchurch St.I think there is also a depot at West ham that could be included. Would buy this 100%

18. sp.worrall

sp.worrall New Member

Would buy this - question is, what era should it be? 70's/80's or now?

19. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Bradwell power station
    Also 720’s will soon replace the 387’s
    But I think the route would do quite well from a business perspective as there aren’t any tsw essex add ons yet

• Like Like x 1