PlayStation Train Sim World 2 Question And Answer

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Aug 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

We're planning one final Q&A live stream before the game launches, as well as 3 separate gameplay streams where we run through each of the new routes with you calling the shots. The first gameplay stream is this week where both Matt and I will put the Köln-Aachen route through its paces.

If you have a question we have not yet answered on any topic, please post it below. We've not yet covered the Livery Designer so this will also be a focus of the final Q&A stream, but we'll also try to cover as many other questions as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  2. F.Barnes

F.Barnes Active Member

Will there be full keyboard support in TSW2 for console? There are some missing keys at the moment
    in TSW2020, especially the key for the brake.

It would be also nice to have some keys on keyboard to open the doors left or right directly without any menu.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Will the frame rate in TSW 2 be improved over the existing game as you are now using a later version of the unreal engine? on a basic PS4 the frame rates jumps between 20/40ish fps and that can really kill the immersion and sense of speed, I’m still all in on TSW 2 but want to know what to expect

• Like Like x 8
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Will PS4 trophies be in TSW2 and will they work first time without having to create new profiles, or rerunning scenarios over and over to get them?

• Like Like x 9
  5. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...here are the questions I’m still looking for answers to- related to screen resolution and frame rate for the new routes operating under TSW 2 on the PS4. Hopefully in the final open Q&A session, we can get answers to these performance-related questions.

1) Will the new routes operating under TSW 2 run at full 1920 x 1080 resolution on the PS4?

2) What is the typical (not the max) frame rate we can expect to see in the new routes operating under TSW 2 on the PS4?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  6. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

Will existing bugs on TSW2020 be patched before release of Tsw2, or will we download bought dlc in same condition. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Will the preserved collection have all known bugs fixed before they are released on TSW 2?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  8. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

When you enter a timetable service, are we going to be given ample time to set the train up before we are meant to leave? At the moment we go straight into the service and rush getting the train set up as we are already have meant to have left.

• Like Like x 14
  9. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

• Will the objective distance shown on the screen still be as the crow flies, or will it be line distance ?
    • Will services start with time stopped, so you have time to set up the train correctly, and when ready you can start the clock? Or better yet, will trains be set up correctly for you when you start a service?
    Edit: LOL Tay95 it seems great minds think alike :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

As far as I know every DLC route since LIRR has given you time to set up the cab. Its only the much older routes like GWE and WSR that require you to get going straight away.

11. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Great minds think alike bart_smets!

• Like Like x 1
  12. melvikb76

melvikb76 New Member

Good evening, :) here’s my Q’s
    1 is the sky dynamic?
    2 are you bringing masteries across? They never worked for me.
    3 someone’s gotta ask, any chance of VR for console and pc? (If miscrosoft can do it for the whole world in fs2020 a lot of people hope you can)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Are collectables still being placed into the game? Great way to explore with an aim.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Allan

Allan Member

- Will keyboard be fully supported in TSW2 for us PS4 users. Now there are no button for brake
    - Will there be radiochatter in Sand Patch Grade in TSW2 like there are now on the pc?

Cheers

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  15. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

We've seen that the extra two weeks for preserved collection compatibility have been used by one of the teams to create a PIS. With very little idea of the number and sizes of teams is there any other unexpected addition being made with the extra time?

And as it is an overall Q/A close to the release, one question should appear - deluxe edition? :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

- Will be possible to use PZB system, with direct button on the console controller or by keyboard connected?
    - Koln Aachen route will have working station displays as Bakerloo one?
    Considering for CSX Sand Patch it is not needed, but the more modern german route of the 3, it deserves it!
    Even train frequencies will be much less than the subway one, so I believe will be easier to include due to less programing would be required.

17. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

- is the scoring system the same as TSW1
    - will we be able to change the font or text size of the UI? From what I've seen so far I fear that it will be harder to read. Remember that we console users sit a fair bit further away from the screen than PC users.
    - has something changed in the operation of the 2d map? I reported once that it can be quiet fidly for console users to select the correct point. The directional stick is not very accurate and when you have many points close to one another selecting the correct one is a pain in the .... I suggested that points should be selected using the directional buttons in stead of sticks, so that we can hop from point to point.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i would like to see when doing a service either passenger or freight is that we get there lets say 5-10 mins early to set the train up and when we end the service to shut the train down and not go into that stupid graph thing its ridiculous in my eyes. when i drove trains many years ago we never got a graph and and a breakdown of how good we were at stopping on platforms. so lets have a choice to turn the stupid graph off and shut down properly.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Air France 4590

Air France 4590 Member

Hey DTG

Why can’t we use the Livery designer on TSW1 content ? I wanted to make a Rhein Cargo livery on the Class 66 and use it on the new Koln - Aachen DLC
    By the way , will you ever add the PZB to the Class 66 ? Because this locomotive runs in Germany

Cheers ;)

• Like Like x 3
  20. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

That's not the only problem with distances shown. The distance to the next objective is measured up to the driver's seat, while the distance to the next signal is measured up to the leading edge of the train. It's even stranger when reversing, you will be completely unable to determine if the train is in the correct position if you only use the shown distance (and not the external camera).
    And when you think it can't get worse, try stopping in front of a red signal with a remaining distance of less than 2m. Busted!

So my questions are:
    1) Will this methods be the same in TSW2? (I assume they will)
    2) Are there plans to change this in a more thoughtful and technically sound way that will be less confusing to play?

• Like Like x 3
  21. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Can we see lots of cloud in the sky to see how the dynamic system works? Plus be shown on the map, examples of where we can start trains in the scenario editor.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Is the hud moveable, re sizeable and the transparency adjustable? if not it needs to be, the hud Is needed but can be very intrusive and moving it would help a great deal

• Like Like x 6
  23. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Since you can switch gears with the Class 101 with the D-Pad, it would be great if you could also switch the AFB with the pad!

• Like Like x 4
  24. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

As this game is coming to console we need to see it streamed on a console...it’s always gonna look better on a pc but I wanna see what it looks like on console properly...why should I wait to see a member of public playing it on a console when I know Matt Peddlesden has a PS4...please Stream on console before launch

• Like Like x 14
  25. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

I agree ... we should definitely get to see the game on console before launch.

• Like Like x 4
  26. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It would be nice to see the game on console before launch. That said, it’s not going to stop me buying the game if it’s not. My money is already waiting (not so patiently) to be spent.

• Like Like x 5
  27. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

As a console user, i would love to see gameplay footage on console, but how easy would it be for DTG to test it? Surely they would have to have an agreement with sony/mircosoft beforehand to be able to access the game on consoles

• Like Like x 4
  28. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Can Scenarios we make in the planner go a full day? (Back and Forth along the route simulating a Day in the Operators Life)

Will we be able to turn off the HUD on Console?

Will we be able to use the Livery designer with Preserved Collection Trains?

What is the limit for AI Trains in the Scenario Planner?

Will we be able to use the Scenario Planner on Preserved Collection routes? (LIRR from Atlantic Terminal to Ronkonkoma etc.)

Will the Metroliner cab Car be a part of the Preserved Collection?

• Like Like x 1
  29. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Will all AI trains in the scenario planner stay at the end stations or will we be able to have them drive off into portals? For instance if you want to follow a train that would use the same platform as you at the last represented station, would it just sit there at the end of its journey blocking your way, meaning your train would always have to be the only train on that path in the scenario, or will it drive off to free up the platform for you.

• Like Like x 5
  30. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

@ZeenozPlays Some of your questions have already been answered in the previous Q&A streams, e.g. no livery designer for the preserved collection, but at least the scenario planner. Then, the NEC route with all associated locos won't make it to the preserved collection, which means there will be no Metroliner cab car. The limit for the amount of AI trains will be your imagination, figuratively speaking ;-)

@stujoy The way I understood Matt during that Q&A, he said that all AI trains that have reached their destination will stay there indefinitely. But I understand that this behaviour will lead to a kind of limitation that should have been considered during the development ...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

With TSW2 will DTG work with the community in terms of feedback for the core game (Exp. HUD, UI changes, core game features) and communication on feedback (more open about features and bug fixes, future content, ect.) and will we see more of the DTG staff on the forums post release? Thank you and I can’t wait to see some gameplay! Keep up the great work!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  32. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

You can turn off the HUD on console

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  33. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

We can use scenario planner for preserved content that is why the date is pushed back & LIRR will be on preserved collection in September

• Like Like x 1
  34. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

Will TSW2 support HDR and/or 4K?

• Like Like x 3
  35. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

+1 for the question: Will bugs within current add-on routes be fixed when added to TSW2?

I’m also interested in whether the Class 31’s Cement Circle scenario will be fixed in the current game because I don’t want to move over to the new game with one trophy left outstanding. Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  36. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

When selecting Free Movement Camera, will be automatically on Camera View mode and the position will be a bit far from the train, in order to have enough time to position the view on the direction of the train coming, and look it pass away?
    This was a nice feature on first Microsoft Train Simulator, I would like to have on TSW too.
    Today situation at least on PS4, it is positioned so close to the train you miss to see it!
    Even it does not appear on Camera View mode, so you have to change it first to it.
    I believe when you selects any Camera view - front / rear / free movement - , automatically must appear on Camera View mode.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Allan

Allan Member

Are there plans to add zoom on consoles on external cameras?
    Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  38. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

On each route, will we be able to run a light engine (doesnt matter what class) or like the power move as seen on Ruhr sing nord in scenario planner
    These will be essential for scenario planner.

Regards
    Hentis

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  39. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I could see the zoom function being useful for when you are using the left or right window camera.

40. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Can the new & improved Talent 2 be switched with the existing Talent 2 on Rapid Transit - not just in scenario editor but as a general upgrade to the existing train?

The Talent 2 is one of my least favourite trains on TSW 1 - perhaps because the non-realistic sounds are annoying and grating after a while.

• Like Like x 2
  41. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Wrong. The class 66 runs in Britan...however these is a basically a model that resembles the BR class 66...but in the interior is completely different. That is the DB BR 266 with PZB/LZB..but u can put the Class 66 fron east coastway onto SKA

42. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Will TSW2 use the same substitution system for locos as TSW?

Will substitution work in both ‘directions’ between new and preserved content? So, will TSW locos substitute into TSW2 routes (not just for new timetable layers but substitute for new locos) and/or TSW2 trains substitute into TSW routes from the preserved collection?

• Like Like x 4
  43. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Is there a roadmap for the release of the preserved DLC? And is it already certain which DLC will appear next for TSW2?

• Like Like x 3
  44. Amax

Amax Active Member

New sound for talent 2

45. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Will there be a Horn button on the controller that can operate Two Tones instead of one?
    Are there any plans for Virtual Reality Support?

• Like Like x 5
  46. shbrocrafter

shbrocrafter Active Member

if i don’t have rhein ruhr osten, can i use the db br 422 from haupstrecke rhein ruhr for services on the koln aachen route?

• Like Like x 2
  47. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

As we are getting zoom on PS4 for inside the locos, will the resolution of the interior cab screens be improved as part of the preservation process. Compared to the PC version, the dials and details look blurry at the best of times so what are they going to look like when you zoom in?

• Like Like x 2
  48. Amax

Amax Active Member

the signaling would be corrected because of tsw the you have a signal at 40 km / h and the speed does not move and it lacks information for the speed

49. ZeenozPlays

What exactly would be added with the deluxe edition if they do make one?

50. ZeenozPlays

YES! I want to be able to control the Low Horn when I am Playing East Coastway or GWR.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.