Class 387 ''electrostar''

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 1999Werdna, Sep 22, 2017.

1. 1999Werdna

1999Werdna Member

I would suggest this unit for operations on the route from London Paddington to Hayes & Harlington. This and the class 800, as well as Heathrow Connect (maybe Tfl rail in a few years) and Heathrow Express trains would make Paddington look as busy as it is in reality. Obviously a version of this unit as detailed as the existing GWR class 166 would be really nice and highly appreciated. This especially if you consider that it could be used for many future routes as well (c2c, Govia Thameslink (and Great Northern), Gatwick Express etc.).

I think a really nice feature for this train would be to be able to actually access the gangways and walk through the whole train if several units are coupled together. Selective door control allowing you to select which doors to shut off (usually carriage wise) for short platforms would also be very nice (yes I know this isn't an issue on the GWR mainline currently, but the feature exists in reality and would be a nice addition to the game, especially considering future route DLCs...).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 35
  2. 1999Werdna

1999Werdna Member

Seems like quite a popular unit to have for TSW. I think even someone said they had one in the works, but I can't find official confirmation unfortunately...

3. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

DTG have said the Class 387 is a possibility for GWE but haven't made any confirmation that they're doing it.

They have said, on this forum in fact, that Heathrow Express \ Connect have refused a licensing agreement with them. So if they do the Heathrow extension the trains would most likely be unbranded and may have less than accurate sounds.

All that being said I've love to have the Class 387 in the game; it's one of my favourites.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 1999Werdna

1999Werdna Member

For me it's not a question of which, but rather of priorities. Personally, I think more can be done in the short term with a class 378, but I'd really like DTG to do the Heathrow Connect / Express trains too (even if unbranded).

Also, I don't think anything can be done about inaccurate sounds until creator tools are introduced and third party companies (like Armstrong Powerhouse) can produce sound updates... I hope DTG don't have the same arrogance like Thompson Interactive and will allow for third party content, I think it would be financially counterproductive to not allow for that in my opinion and also a huge mistake...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  5. Benjwri

Benjwri Member

Short platforms are a problem on the Great Western Mainline, it's just GWE has no 6 car trains :P

6. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Benjwri: The class 166 with 6 car trains work fine in GWE, the platforms are not to short for them.

[​IMG]

7. Benjwri

Benjwri Member

Not every platform on the line is the same length. Have traveled on the line many times I know that there is at least one station which cannot fit a 6 car. However it could be after Reading

8. 1999Werdna

1999Werdna Member

Wether we need it now or not, we will need selective door control in the future. So DTG, if you see this, make it happen please!

9. Benjwri

Benjwri Member

The only problem us this isn't a feature of either the 43 or 166, if not all doors are opening due to a short platform they have to be manually opened

10. Train simulator

Train simulator New Member

Pleased bring class 387 on the train sim world

11. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

This train would be cool to have in TSW GWE. :)

12. 1999Werdna

1999Werdna Member

I just wonder if, now that they've released the first round of dlc add-ons (two for US, one for UK), they'll turn to producing rolling-stock dlc (such as this)...

13. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

A Class 387 would be cool to get, but its usefulness on GWE would be rather limited as we can't take it beyond Hayes & Harlington. That means that the longest journey you could do on a 387 is a twenty minute trip from PAD to H&H, which is pretty short and has little replay value.

14. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

But 387's go to Didcot Parkway?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  15. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

But that would mean that DTG would have to electrify Airport Junction - Reading and add Reading - Didcot to GWE.

As much as I'd love to have that in the game, I don't see it happening as it doesn't align well with the DTG Flywheel.

16. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

You can just go as far as Reading, like the HST's do.

17. Pacer31

Pacer31 New Member

The Class 387 Will Be Good For Train Sim World