A True Train Sim World

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mattty May, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

With so many German routes having been developed for TSW 2020, whilst unlikely given the end of development for that game, I wondered if it would have been possible to essentially link all the routes together (had they been full length - where necessary). Researching the German routes, I’ve noticed many go through the same stations and it would have been cool (or would be cool) if all these routes were interconnected in the game. So rather than having to load the different routes, you would just load Germany for example and all of the interconnected routes would be accessible without having to interrupt game play.

A good example is Rhein-Ruhr Osten and Ruhr Sieg Nord. Both share Hagen Hbf and it would be cool, especially with scenario editor, to run from Wuppertal-Steinbeck to Finnentrop seamlessly and uninterrupted as if one long route.

Would this be feasible from a technical perspective and if so, I wonder if DTG would ever consider connecting all future routes that could be connected in this way to create a true Train Sim World?

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

One of the questions I would like to see answered "positively" in a future stream.

• Like Like x 3
  3. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

There is only five German routes
    We have Five UK routes too

But this would be good for TSW2

4. shredder550

shredder550 Member

A similar concept was done successfully by a modder in the previous Train Simulator. For that reason alone I can't see why the technology wouldn't allow for it. That being said, I have my doubts that Dovetail would do this themselves and I think we'd have to wait until mod tools and workshop support comes to TSW.

5. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member

I have the feeling they want total control over the future of the sim without third party input :( As third parties shame them with superior products. Imagine if Armstrong Powerhouse and others could create content for TSW? What you have to remember is you have to ad an extra level of detail as you need to walk round the whole train and have many interaction points.

6. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

They could. Third parties can join the Partner Program.