Heisann

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by olsbyn, Jul 27, 2020.

1. olsbyn

olsbyn Active Member

"Heisann" is one of the phrases used in Norway to say hi, you can compare it to "hi there" or even "howdy" if you feel rebellious :p
    My name is Bjørn, I was introduced to train sims through TSW only last year, I've been on the forum since then, but haven't been very active, mostly finding solutions to stuff and posting opinions now and then.
    I've had an interest in railroads since I was just a kid, I'm a sentimental dude and thus like driving locos and routes set in the 80's and early 90's.
    Other than train simulators I like flight sims, mainly x-plane, when I'm not playing simulators I like doing useless stuff, like being out in the nature and walking my dog..

• Like Like x 2
  2. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard! Happy to see some more members here.

3. fabklock

fabklock New Member

Halla Balla!

When I grew up my grandfather were a train pilot.
    I remeber joining him sevral times, one train from Trondheim or Berkåk too Dombås and another train back north from Dombås too Trondheim Central Station.

The train I have the most vivvid memory about were the time we arrived Dombås and picked up a NSB Di3 freigth train.

I LOVE the Di3!

The look of terror meets you when yoy see the curved steel front towering up too the split windscreen coverd in red steel bars and the round headlamps with mesh.
    Pure brutal beauty powerd by a Bergen Diesel sounding like 15 wild trucks.

• Like Like x 2
  4. olsbyn

olsbyn Active Member

fabklock
    Nice, I never got to ride a Di3 unfortunately , but I grew up with Gjøvikbanen as one of the main transportations, so I have been a passenger in a E11 consist with togkupè ( sorry, not sure about the english term for this ) many times :)