Stockholm Tunnelbana

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bendebende2006, Aug 5, 2020.

1. bendebende2006

bendebende2006 New Member

The Stockholm Tunnelbana is a rapid transit metro system in Stockholm, Sweden. There are 100 stations in use, of which 47 are underground and 53 are above ground.
    Fun fact: the metros drive on the left-hand side because when the system opened, traffic in Sweden was driving on the left-hand side.
    The maximum speed is 80 km/h on the Red and Blue lines, and 70 km/h on the Green line, where ATO is installed.

There are four main lines: Red, Blue and Green line
    Line 10: Kungstädsgården - Hjulsta (Blue line) (15.1km)
    Line 11: Kungstädsgården - Akalla (Blue line) (15.6km)
    Line 13: Norsborg - Ropsten (Red line) (26.6km)
    Line 14: Fruängen - Mörby Centrum (Red line) (19.5km)
    Line 17: Skarpnäck - Åkeshov (Green line) (19.6km)
    Line 18: Farsta strand - Alvik (Green line) (18.4km)
    Line 19: Hagsätra - Hässelby strand (Green line) (28.6km)
    Here is an image of them:
    [​IMG]

Rolling stock:
    Cx (these are C1-15) but they only use the C6, C14 and C15 types now.
    [​IMG]

C20 is an articulated EMU:
    [​IMG]

And the new C30 articulated EMU:
    [​IMG]

Images of stations and tunnels:
    Rådhuset:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Example of the tunnels (sorry for the quality):
    [​IMG]

Hötorget station:
    [​IMG]

Gullmarsplan station:
    [​IMG]

Hässelby Strand station:
    [​IMG]

Sorry about the image size, i don't know how to downsize/upsize them.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

With no detail about the route such as a map of the route or pictures of stations rolling stock or locos. It is hard to say that I would like to see this route in TSW2. Need to porvide more detail that is the only way you route will gain any traction.

3. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

Those natural rock tunnels and stations are a really cool and unique feature! Would love to see this route considered. The lengths are totally doable (maybe to even do more than 1 line) and the rolling stock looks sweet!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

Well, that's one route I like!

Beautiful stations and modern trains. You have my support on that. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hrafninn

Hrafninn New Member

Imagine voting no on wanting this route. The Nordic countries are always poorly represented in simulation games.

Yes to Stockholm Metro, always! If I had to choose a line... The green line! This could very well be the best addition to Train Simulation ever, if made.

6. Mattias_K

Mattias_K New Member

Would love to see this route. Too few Scandinavians routes and with the London underground now implemented this should be possible! Would love to see the red line with all the art in the stations. 100% buy!

7. maxvaniersel

maxvaniersel New Member

Stockholm metro is a very unique and beautiful line combining both old and modern stock for a nice variety. I am all for implementing this in TSW2!

8. vinniethegreatvc1207

vinniethegreatvc1207 New Member

As Hraffnin said above, there isn't much representation of Nordic rail lines in train simming games. It would certainly be a nice change of pace to have such a network in the sim, especially with the beautiful Swedish architecture passing you by both above and below ground!

9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'd love to admire the Scandinavian landscape and architecture. As long as most of the route is above ground, I'd quite like a Stockholm subway route.

I'm not a huge fan of long underground sections though. I think Rapid Transit underground section is long enough, and the Bakerloo Line quickly gets boring after 5 underground stations or so :P

10. Hrafninn

Hrafninn New Member

No worries, most of the route is above ground (On the Red and Green Line anyway). The underground stations are pretty magnificent though, give it a Google search. The metro is sometimes referred to as the "longest art gallery in the world".

11. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

Having lived in Stockholm for awhile, i lived in Danviksklippan near Nacka. i wouldnt mind seeing a Swedish route i wouldnt mind which one because i travelled all over Sweden and i travelled on the Red and Green lines on the tunnelbana a lot

12. Mattias_K

Mattias_K New Member

As Hrafninn mentioned most parts of the Green and Red line is above ground going through the suburbs. And every station on the underground part is unique in its own way. See some pictures as examples :)
    stockholm-metro-art-featured-image-1.jpg Stockholm-Stadion-Metro-Art-Rainbow.jpg stockholm-metro-1024x577.jpg MATMC_RL10534-CMSTemplate.width-2500.jpg