Bringing Back Us-only Content

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by mali_buda, May 22, 2020.

1. mali_buda

mali_buda New Member

Hello people, i wanted to ask if you agree with my suggestion for bringing back some of the US-Only Content in TS.

I have been looking recently at the Steam Store, and have seen some Add-ons like the F7 Empire Builder, GP9 Pack and SD70 V2 Pack which are all restricted to US customers because of 2 reasons, either the route required for the loco is US-Only Content or either the Pack is US Restricted because the Pack contains a BNSF, BN or ATSF livery. I don't see the problem with uploading these to the whole world, for example the F7 Empire Builder is locked because Marias Pass is required for the loco, the SD70 V2 and the GP9 Pack are locked because they have one of the mentioned liveries. To fix this issue for SD70 V2 and GP9 Pack DTG can simply reupload the packs without the mentioned liveries onto the store, make them only visible and purchesable outside the US and bam, problem fixed! For the Workshop scenarios people can just edit in the non US version of the loco. Now for the examples like the F7 which comes with (in my opinion) the best North American coaches in the TS history period, to fix this problem DTG can simply reupload the Add-on to the steam store and put a big disclaimer that it DOES NOT COME WITH ANY SCENARIOS!, you can find scenarios on the Workshop for the non-US Restricted routes! Now a lot of people would be dissapointed, but the Workshop is FILLED with scenarios for every route!

That is my opinion on the US Restricted Content situation, if you agree just leave a reply saying that you agree. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The F7 Empire Builder is NOT Locked. and at the moment is it Very Cheap for the next day or so
    If you purchased this train you can run it on any route you own - you would not be able to play Three Scenarios.

DTG will not bring out locos that do not have any Logos and they don't release routes without Scenarios.
    Great Northerner have released the Montana High Line that has locos without BNSF marking so you can buy that outside the US
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147154/Train_Simulator_Montana_HiLine_Shelby__Havre_Route_AddOn/

Peter

3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

You sure about that? The description says its supposed to be.
    aaa.png

Also I don't think any unbranding to current products will happen to fix global availability, so unless the licensing issues between Dovetail and BNSF are resolved, the only BNSF content outside the US will be new unbranded routes similar to Chicago and the Montana Hi-Line.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. OofBerry

OofBerry New Member

Yep the F7 empire builder is unavailable to buy outside the us (tested in the uk at least). But its weird as if you search it it the steam store it does have a price in GBP but if you click on it there is no option to buy it - unlike other US only content where if you search it there will be no price outside the US.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I think they have updated the Steam Store since Yesterday as it showed a very cheap price of £2.99

• Like Like x 1
  6. mattanatior97

mattanatior97 Member

or steam hasn't up dated same problem with n line on dove tail routes it 10$ less then in the cart or wishlist

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

My post was on the 28 May - prices might have changed since then

8. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Wouldn't it be possible for someone living in the US to gift it to you?

9. rickyt7808

rickyt7808 Member

Someone might correct me on this but from what I have read that is no longer allowed.

10. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Nope.

11. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

No that will not be possible Steam will not allow that to happen.

12. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

I thought people mentioned having had that done before, but may be wrong then. Shame it can't be done.
    At the very least they could release branded/unbranded versions of the problematic add-ons, like they did with e.g. Chicago Racetrack.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mattanatior97

mattanatior97 Member

Not like people could just change thier VPN or buy it in America steam probably has a way to stop that someone could just make a copy of the map and put it on railworks

14. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

I'm sure that Steam and BNSF have all that covered and there is no way round it. Read all about it here or the Steam forum.