Ts20: Explore The Marches!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Dec 5, 2019.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Delve into scenic Wales once again as Bossman Games’ Welsh Marches: Newport - Shrewsbury route is available now for Train Simulator!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 5
  2. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

This is a welcome addition from Bossman Games and a superbly produced route.

Hopefully the next UK-based release will be an AC electric one under the wires. It's been far too long since DTG inspired me or any of the many fans of modern UK electric traction. Mk1 & 2 slam door AC EMUs could do with some coverage in the game too.

3. thethirdrail

thethirdrail New Member

This does look good, and as a Herefordian I'm looking forward to driving it - but where is it? I clicked on the link but it just takes me to the Steam store page....

4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

It's been withdrawn owing to the OC losing the franchise.

5. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

OK I'll tell him/her. It is a good route and it was released a few months ago... and withdrawn from sale a few weeks back along with the South Wales routes and some trains when Arriva lost their franchise and didn't want to play any more. It may be back with different liveries and branding, it would be a shame if not, but for now you're out of luck.

Ah- Cat hit Post before me.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  6. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

That's wot i sed.

7. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I've seen this route advertised but I have never actually seen it for sale, is it a private addon or has it just not been released yet?

8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

godammit, when I saw this on the front of the forum I got all excited thinking oooh have DTG maybe announced a TfW franchised re-release...............

Nope just people posting in forums that fail to realise that READING forums is generally the FIRST thing you should do..

Smh.

9. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

It was for sale for about six months, but was withdrawn in April due to the license for the train branding expiring.

People hope it might be re-released with different trains or unbranded stock, but so far the developer has said no.

10. Ighten

Ighten Member

How on earth do they get in a mess where the route release is dictated by the operator - its a route just unbrand the trains andlet repainters fix it later

11. SJA

SJA Active Member

BMG put the word out some time ago that they were working on the Cotswold Line from Oxford to Hereford, although I believe it was meant to plug into the Marches (the Marches had not long been released when the Cotswolds announcement came).

I wonder where plans for that stand now. Different franchise, so hopefully BMG haven't lost faith in route building because the Marches is excellent. Not that we'd realistically be expecting anything until well into 2021, given the large undertaking for a small studio that such a route would be. But from what I've seen on Facebook there are people interested.

12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

DTG don't make Unbranded Trains.
    Bossman Games must have a similar policy

• Like Like x 1
  13. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Yeah, well if that's true (not convinced that you're the all knowing oracle of DTG thought processes that you seem to think you are) then you gotta love these company policies that cut their noses off to spite their CUSTOMERS faces.

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Go look up the word License
    For DTG to use the Copyrighted Company Logos it needs a License Agreement
    Sometime this License is withdrawn by the Copyright Holder and therefore DTG can not sell items with that companies logo on.

BNSF (Edited) decided not to give a License to Sell products with their Logos on outside the USofA
    Virgin Trains withdrew their Licence Agreement when the lost the franchise to operate the WCML
    Arriva Trains Wales withdrew their License Agreement when the lost the franchise to operate those services
    If you look on Bossman Games Facebook page you will find this
    Bossman.jpg

I do not claim to be "all-knowing" but I do read and try to find out why something is happening

Peter

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

So when did Union Pacific decide not to give a license to sell their Logo's outside of the US, this is news to me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

You say you read Peter but I've noticed you often fail to understand/interpret what fellow forum members have posted.

I never questioned nor did I not understand the fact that DTG or BMG had to remove the branding due to expired licences, I know exactly why it happened and the reasoning behind it.

My issue is that they just blanket removed the content (after giving it one last death throes sale just to rake in the last little bit of cash) without even attempting to circumvent any licensing problems by removing the branding altogether and offering it in an unbranded state, something that I feel the whole community (i.e. their customer base) would have been more than happy with.

DTG just need to let the community pick up the slack just like any other game with modding capability does, the real problem arises when people try monetising modifications because trying to profit off of other peoples/companies branding and intellectual content is of course illegal, if repaints are f.o.c. then they do not fall under the same licencing restrictions that monetised modifications do, Just look at all the free non copyright infringing company paint mods for ETS2 as an example, do SCS Software have any issues off of companies because of free community modifications? No, of course they don't.

I know it's always been this way for Train Sims and Flight Sims but that doesn't mean it's the ONLY way!

Of course if they are planning to re-release it under licensed TfW livery then I'm 100% behind that too, just so long as I don't have to pay for what is effectively a couple of re-skins. And lets hope that the ToC's don't re-franchise too often because these products will spend more time on Lawyers desks than on our PC's being enjoyed as surely intended!

17. Ighten

Ighten Member

May be there policy now but there have been many official releases over the years of trains in "colours" but without the brand logo - in fact it used to be a full time job for repainters to brand them back up - from Virgin to Freightliner.

Or just return to the methodology they use on some routes and release them back dated with stock in BR colours

It certainly would make more sense for them to return to that method rather than ditch an entire route.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

You confused BNSF with UP, BNSF doesn't allow their or any of their predecessors logos to be sold outside the US.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Yes - My bad

20. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

so this got me wondering, if dtg can't renews licences from railroad companys in future. could it shutdown train sim franchises in both ts and tsw... since DTG doesn't like making non logo trains.

21. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Unlikely - they have so many agreements with companies.
    And they could arrange new ones - like they did with SNCF, RhB, OBB etc

22. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

And it is back in on the stores!
    It seems that people that already own it before it went off-sale, have it in their library :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1230279/

It is a seperate DLC from the other one, so you have then both branded and a unbranded version.

• Like Like x 2
  23. tommydee

tommydee Well-Known Member

Just auto downloading for me now.

24. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Glad it has been re-released. It is certainly a stunning recreation of a very attractive route.

25. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Just had a update not sure if it was for this route.

26. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There is no change to the original route but if you had already purchased it then you will also have this version FREE

• Like Like x 1
  27. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

I am unfathomably happy that I can now buy this route and I’ll be downloading it first thing in the morning. It’s made my month a whole lot better. :)

• Like Like x 2