Welsh Marches

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jannerdunk, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I was quite surprised to find steam downloading a 1.5BGB update.

It would appear this route has been re-released. Having purchased the route originally, I now appear to have two versions in my career scenario screen

I assume this is a fix for the Arriva trains issue, does anybody know exactly what's changed in the new version? At least we don't have to rebuy it!

It's certainly extremely good to see this back on sale, hopefully this might mean the other Welsh routes soon reappear as well

2. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

New textures, I suppose

3. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Looks like the original is in Assets\BMG\WelshMarches and the new one in Assets\BMG\WelshMarchesLine

4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

As RobJansen has pointed you will no have a branded and unbranded version

And it is back in on the stores!
    It seems that people that already own it before it went off-sale, have it in their library :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1230279/

It is a seperate DLC from the other one, so you have then both branded and a unbranded version.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. capncol

capncol Member

I have been struggling recently with loading times as I am getting close to filling my SSD and was looking at upgrading to a bigger drive, so was not pleased to find an extra 2.83 GB added to my hard drive without asking if I even wanted it. Overwriting is okay if it adds new features or fixes faults, but just duplicating what is there is not on especially as there has been no information as to what if anything is different.

I bought the original version, so why do they think I want another exact copy (assuming it is an exact copy as I do not know for sure) taking up more of my disk drive? I mean come on, why do I need two versions? Can someone from DTG explain this to me please?

Before some smart Alec says untick the box in Steam so that the "newer" route is removed, it is not even possible to do that as they are both named the same. Come on, at least give us a chance by naming the new one differently. Now I will have to go through the process of unticking one and hoping it is the new one and if not then will try with the other one. But who knows which is which?

Sorry for the rant, but why can't people talk to each other, it's really not that difficult?

6. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

If your SSD is between half and two thirds full then that's when you should have considered upgrading your storage, not when a 2.8gb is threatening to send your PC into meltdown, the fault is yours not DTG's for that.

If you can't be bothered to at least learn your file structure and manually uninstall any unwanted content then again is that DTG's fault?

Buy a bigger drive and move TS over via Steam > Properties (right click game name) > Local Files (Tab) > [Move Install Folder...] (button) , job done.

7. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Now that the update has finally shambled in over my lamentably slow connection and been installed I still only have the one Welsh Marches route listed under the Career tab but now each scenario is listed twice with half the entries marked as having been done (well not half- the second part of the railtour scenario with the Class 47 doesn't seem to end by itself and when I quit it I don't get the credit for having run it. Presumably I'm missing something obvious but anyway...). In Quick Drive however there are two separate Welsh Marches routes with nothing to distinguish them in the menu that I've noticed.

Looking in the Library I notice there is one difference in the thumbnails. Both are called "Welsh Marches" of course but one has this on a single line whilst the other splits it over two thus:
    Welsh
    Marches​

The thumbnail for the route in the Store now has it on a single line so that might be a clue. Perhaps if there's someone who has the route but hasn't downloaded the update yet they could have a look in their Library.

Removing routes to free up storage is not an ideal solution especially if you have a sluggish connection but, in the absence of getting more storage, what is the alternative? You will still own any DLC you've bought and can reinstall them any time and your progress is recorded so you shouldn't lose anything. There must be some routes you don't drive as much as you used to.

8. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

There is a way to the two apart the branded one has a flag the other does not.

9. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I think it how it displays in the career menu depends on how you've got the sort and filter set and whether you are looking at the square route icons or the long list.

• Like Like x 1