PlayStation Time And A Place

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Samo1, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

There is certainly a time and a place for comedy commentary during a stream but maybe not the best time when we are seeing a new game and one person is trying to explain things, while the other is clowning around, I would hope future streams of TSW are more serious so important points are not drowned out, as I said there is certainly a time and place for fun but explaining a new game/controls and not free driving is probably not the best time in my opinion

• Like Like x 2
  2. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

I had nothing to complain about, but this one scene, this explicit scene which I have waited for since they announced the game...

I only wanted to hear the sound of the ICE accelerating clearly and then this 146 shows up and blasts away my ears!!! [edit by Protagonist - language]

Yes, the sound was very nice once the trouble of Cologne central station was left behind, but you owe me one slow, clear departure with the ICE, DTG! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2020
  3. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I take it this is about the moment when Sam overtook a 422 yelling 'in your face' :) I didn't mind that honestly. Granted, it's not professional, but it's just the way he's wired. Live and let live I'd say.

• Like Like x 3
  4. olikas.g

olikas.g Member

That was my favourite part of the stream. Especially with the horn action to rub it in.

• Like Like x 3
  5. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I enjoy the way Sam live streams, granted not everyone will like it but Sam/Matt are a perfect combination of fun and serious.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Absolutely live and let live but there is a time and place, when I want to try and listen and learn about the game I don’t need a comedian trying to take over the stream, the stream is about the new GAME and that should be remembered, save the comedy stuff for other more appropriate times when we are not trying to take in new information

it was not about one incident, the whole stream was turned into a comedy routine, some will enjoy, others won’t

• Like Like x 1
  7. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

To be fair it was never billed as a learning the route/train livestream, the Colonel was driving and Matt was helping out by giving helpful bits of information along the way.

• Like Like x 2
  8. davehard24

davehard24 New Member

I totally agree with this byeo.

I enjoyed the stream it was a pretty good attempt to showcase the ICE 3M.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

It was a new train, on a new route in a new game, where the new hud and controls were being explained, a bit less comedy and more info is needed for this type of stream, there are plenty of other streams for some comedy showcasing, it seemed the colonel was centre of attention and it should be the game!

• Like Like x 1
  10. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

You should watch an older stream with Matt and Dimitri if you want serious and boring. I think they did a good job showing the game while also keeping things entertaining.

• Like Like x 6
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s hard to separate the content of the streams from the personalities presenting them so personal taste comes into how good you perceive the stream overall. No disrespect to Dimitri intended but he sometimes looked completely disinterested during the streams. It was nice to see his driving skills evolve over time though and he did mainly drive seriously. The current streams are more enjoyable to watch and it keeps me more interested and entertained, while still getting to see the content and learn stuff from Matt, with Sam adding character to proceedings.

• Like Like x 2
  12. matthewbguilford

I absolutely agree and I think we all got to know Dimitri as we watched him learn how to drive better over his time as community manager. Since the June 9th announcement of TSW2 “The Silent Protagonist” has been engaging with us and answering as many questions as he can for the entire community, it has helped a lot with DTG changing how they communicate, and from that change we have had more straight forward, honest answers in the last couple of months then in the entire span of TSW’s life. I think it’s good to see how someone else interacts with a game instead of one of the developers as they will do things in the game that the developers wouldn’t, much like us and that’s true for game industry as a whole. I know we can expect Sandpatch and Bakerloo line streams, would love to see the scenario planner in action with Sam in the drivers seat!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with entertaining streams!!
    Sometimes a more informative stream is required and showcasing new software is one of those occasions, save the comedy stuff which really gets boring after you have heard it all a thousand times before for less important streams, I’m hoping the other two live game play streams are more seriously presented, some of us simply want to hear what Matt is saying as he has the stuff we all want to know about, well I do anyway

• Like Like x 1
  14. matthewbguilford

What information were you looking for that the stream didn’t answer?

15. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

To be honest I switched off

• Like Like x 1
  16. Phitasphook

Phitasphook New Member

Stream was fine and could hear all the info that was being said, even with the comedy bits. Nothing worse than a dour boring stream.

• Like Like x 3
  17. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

No problem watching the stream. I thought it was funny and informative at the same time. No complaints here. Cant see what the fuss is over to be honest. Some people should learn not to take it too seriously.

Hentis

• Like Like x 4
  18. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

We've observed that the nature of the stream was divisive, and the next one will take an entirely serious tone. Your feedback is very much appreciated, as we want to show the game to the level of detail you want to see.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

I very much enjoy your streams but the new game should take centre stage and be informative in a more serious nature, I certainly never meant anything personal by my criticism, Get the next game information streams out of the way and then resume your normal amusing service

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020