PlayStation Our First Look At Tsw2-köln Route Gameplay August 6th

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Aug 5, 2020.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,
    I just wanted to let everyone know that we will be getting our first real look at gameplay from TSW2 Thursday (August 6th) of the Köln route. This will be streamed on the Train simulator YouTube channel as well as other platforms. Will you be joining your fellow train enthusiasts for the stream? What are you excited to see?
    Thank you, Matt.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it! Even if it isn't the route I'm 100% interested in.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m mega excited indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. matthewbguilford

Update: Stream starts at 3pm eastern time! Hope to see a lot of you there!

5. Mark newman

Mark newman Well-Known Member

Tonight at 8pm

6. matthewbguilford

B5CE1BA9-DDE4-4E0E-97F0-197A038B14DE.jpeg
    Hello, 19:00 UTC is 3:00pm eastern time zone? Maybe I made a mistake?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Yep, you made a mistake, not with the starting time though, but by using that high zoom factor again and again and ....

• Like Like x 1
  8. matthewbguilford

Okay so the time is right, I’m sorry but I don’t quite understand what you mean by “high zoom factor again and again”?

9. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

I assume he means the massive screenshots you post again and again.

10. Mark newman

Mark newman Well-Known Member

I know see on same

11. matthewbguilford

Ohhh! I make them big so you can see them! In all honesty I use my phone, so the massive screen shots I post look normal for me. I suppose if that’s the only thing to complain about then that’s a good thing.

12. davehard24

davehard24 New Member

Excited to see some game play of this route. See you there in a while. Wonder if they will do a timetable service or scenario or even the training service?

• Like Like x 2
  13. matthewbguilford

Update: Stream starts in 5 minutes! If you miss it don’t worry as it will be archived for later viewing! Here is a link to their YouTube stream!

14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The Talent 2 sounds sooooooo much better in TSW 2. I think I might quite enjoy driving her about the place now.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Seeing the new HUD in action was great too. It gives so much information, I can’t wait to play the game.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

I'm going to be like Sam and have no idea what PZB or LZB does and how to control them! But enjoyed the stream and look forward to more

• Like Like x 1
  17. matthewbguilford

I agree having the new hud looks a lot better. The sounds on both the Talent 2 and ICE3 were good including the horn! Visually it looks like a big improvement for things such as lighting and draw distance as well as an all around better look to the game. I didn’t pay much attention to the sky so I’ll have to watch the archive but am very happy with what I saw and I can’t wait for the next streams (They said we might get 2 streams next week), I look forward to seeing Sandpatch and the adhesion and weight physics at work and I can’t wait to see all of the stations and advertising on the walls of the bakerloo line!

• Like Like x 2
  18. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

I don't know about new HUD. It looks a bit... As it takes up so much of the screen but it can also be because it's different and takes time to get used to.
    Stopping distance indicator is on top left corner, I was hoping it would be in top right so there would be less travelling for eyes and easier to look at but that I guess is as well more of a getting used with it. It's great that it is there anyway as no there is no travelling indicators in the middle of the screen allowing me, the player to look scenery and other stuff.

As off route... I don't know about it. It's great to have ICE and hamsterbacke looks great in red and the preserved collection stuff turns up as well but... The route itself ... Looks a bit I don't know.
    At the same time, I didn't like Haubptstrecke right away as well, it took exploring and stuff first before it became one if my favorites.

Anyway, overall nice impressions about the route. Scenery is there. I feel like the starts of the route will be ICE and then Köln and Aachen area. So I'm pretty happy with what I saw actually and it enhances my German collection and fits in very well.

Nice one :)

19. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Getting rid of the points counter at the top right of the screen would free up a fair bit of space. It doesn't need to be constantly on the screen.

20. matthewbguilford

You can turn off the points counter on the hud.

21. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Is it me or the framerate at Köln station was awful? It was the PC version, but I assume DTG uses powerful PCs during their demonstrations, isn't it? A bit worried about PS4 version...

• Like Like x 2
  22. matthewbguilford

Yes, I definitely noticed some hitching as well. What we were shown was a development build so I’m going to assume some of that will be fixed before launch!

• Like Like x 3
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I have similar thoughts about the route. However, like your experience with HRR, I had the same thing with RSN. I didn’t think much of it while watching bits of streams of it but when I bought it specifically to get the 143 and to also buy the 155, it almost instantly became my favourite route. Driving the route was so much more than watching the stream. I hope the same thing happens with this.

• Like Like x 1
  24. septafan

septafan Active Member

During the stream they said clearly that the FPS was glitchy because they was on a developer profile.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1