Tsw2 Deluxe Edition Has Tsw Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stujoy, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I find it a bit strange that TSW2 has a deluxe edition that features East Coastway, a TSW2020 route DLC.

I know why they have picked that route, it’s because the UK route in TSW2 is so short and only has one train, while the other two are quite long and feature more, so an extra UK route in the Deluxe Edition balances that out a little, and it’s clearly aimed mainly at new players.

The thing I find strange about it is that a deluxe edition even exists without a new dedicated TSW2 route. I know that would require making another route but my expectation was that with it being a new title there would either be a deluxe edition with another brand new route or no deluxe edition at all. I know that from the release date TSW DLC becomes available for TSW2 as well (subject to the roadmap release dates) and that technically makes ECW a TSW2 DLC too but the route itself isn’t one that adds anything extra to the other included routes or anything else in the preserved collection.

It might make more sense if there is something coming soon in the roadmap that uses the 377 for substitution or has some trains in it that will substitute into ECW, or if ECW is fully upgraded to TSW2 standards with full support of variable adhesion and the livery creator. Surely it must be fully upgraded if it’s included in the deluxe version of TSW2.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this.

• Like Like x 7
  2. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's like some of us have been saying all along. The "new game" is no more than marketing hype for an update of the original game with the addition of 2 or 3 routes depending on your platform.

• Like Like x 5
  3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I understand your criticism but you are getting 3 routes for just a bit more than buying one DLC route on TSW2020.

• Like Like x 4
  4. longo239

No one has mentioned the price. We have been repeatedly told and accepted that 2/3 routes for £24.99 is good value considering the usual RRP of a single route.

The issue is that the "Deluxe" edition of a so called "new" game is purely the base game bundled with a route from it's predecessor, which if the DTG was to be believed on the initial announcement, all older routes were incompatible with the new game.

Also, said extra route in the "Deluxe" edition will not be able to make full use of all of the features of the "new" game. So what is "Deluxe" about it?

deluxe
    adjective
    luxurious or sumptuous; of a superior kind.

Nothing particularly luxurious, sumptuous or superior about an additional route which doesn't actually use the full capabilities of the main game.

• Like Like x 2
  5. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

There’s no TSW 2 (only) DLC yet, so I don’t see what new route or loco they could have bundled in the TSW 2 Deluxe edition.

And I doubt we could come to a consensus about what else would have been deluxe. Soundtrack? Art book? Something cosmetic like a reskin?

6. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

Good point Stujoy, an unsuspecting first time buyer could purchase the "deluxe" edition to find out that the route that makes up the deluxe edition is limited re adhesion and doesn't work in livery editor. There would have to be more to it. Expecting the worst but hoping for the best....

• Like Like x 3
  7. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Glad we’ve got something new to complain about.
    The forum was beginning to feel unnaturally bland.

• Like Like x 4
  8. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

I also find this strange. New people to this franchise will think ECW will have the same functionality (adhesion, livery creator) as the rest of routes in the package...Unless we don't know everything yet (i.e. ECW has been fully upgraded?).

• Like Like x 3
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I have feelings that DTG are going to fully upgrade the existing routes so they are fully in line with TSW 2. Maybe not straight away and I may be completely wrong, but that’s my gut feeling.

We were told no upgrades. Then the surprise that they’ll be compatible with scenario editor. Then Sam saying modifications have been made to get the DLC working with adhesion (but not variable adhesion). Maybe, given the huge amount of feedback and love for the existing DLC, they’ve changed course.

Another example is the map in TSW 2. We were told it’ll stay as it is, but now we are told they have been playing around with the map internally to add much more functionality and they are looking at the size of the fonts in the UI.

I guess we’ll know for sure when the road map comes out. But they’re seemingly listening carefully to our feedback.

• Like Like x 3
  10. longo239

I recall the Deluxe thing started in the music industry when an artist would add a couple of new tracks to a previously released album and call it the Deluxe Edition.

I don't see why it's necessary to have a Deluxe Edition at this moment in time, it could have waited a couple of months and then been a bundle of TSW2 and whatever the next DLC is going to be.

Bundling it with older DLC'S could, as others have said be misleading to new customers who without forensically examining all the description and sales pitch may be expecting the livery editor etc to be functional.

• Like Like x 4
  11. longo239

You may be right and I hope that's the case.

Out of interest when have they said about the map? I've not seen anything in the forums other than DTG Protagonist saying it wasn't going to be changed.

12. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Um what's the difference between these adhesions

• Like Like x 1
  13. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Isn't the Deluxe for people who haven't got the original TSW ECW? I don't see a problem with that and the deluxe price for it. If youre new to TSW you're basically getting the new game + dlc, albeit old. I don't think there's anything new or changed about it. Like has been said about preserved collection routes.

• Like Like x 1
  14. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Did you watch the stream yesterday for koln Aachen I believe it was matt or sam talking about the map

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I expect ECW is the first old route that has been updated, so it's the natural choice to include as it runs in TSW2020.
    How many new buyers are going to obsess about the livery editor?

• Like Like x 2
  16. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Isn't ECW coming to preserved collection in September?

17. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

So what is the point? The store page says it is preserved collection. May be the point is that the concept of preserved collection is complicated. Especially innocent net players may be very confused and may not fully realize what they are buying. I think the text on preserved collection can be more clear. It refers to a previous game. Who knows that in six months except for some diehards like us?

@protagonist please have a look at this. The text is good enough for experienced player but for a newbie the clarification should be better. to avoid dissappointment, even though the TSW preserved collection routes are still awesome to play.

• Like Like x 3
  18. longo239

I have to admit, I did skip through parts of it as watching Sam dicking about for 90 minutes got a bit tedious, so must have missed that part. Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  19. longo239

That's ok, you sit back and reap the benefits, whilst those who do complain try and get the best game possible.

• Like Like x 3
  20. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

You would think plastic pal would have joined the conversation

• Like Like x 1
  21. longo239

Not seen him/her for a while. Last thing I saw was a post to him in July from DTG Protaganist warning him about removing his posting rights.

22. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Did we get rid of synthetic for the last time

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  23. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Pretty much this sums it all up. The "Deluxe" edition lures newcomers into thinking that the East Coastway route is a TSW2 quality DLC and not a "preserved from TSW1" quality DLC. Of course you will notice this if you take a very close look at the DLC image, because it has the "preserved collection" logo on it, but you will probably not notice it unless you are looking for it. It's the same issue there is with them not saying clearly in the Steam Store that they are not preserving NEC. You can find out if you are watching the forums, etc ... but it is not in the front page. They are not being 100% upfront with it.

They could pretty much fix the problem by just calling it "Legacy Edition" or "Heritage Edition", and nobody would complain about that. But here we are again ...

Seriously, if they want to get customer trust again, they need to stop doing this kind of things.

• Like Like x 5
  24. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

It is not mandatory to have a Deluxe edition at launch. If you haven't got a TSW2 route to ship with the game, just make a "Heritage" or "Legacy" edition with the same content and price. You can always add a "Deluxe" edition 3 months later when you got a new TSW2 route to add.

• Like Like x 4
  25. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Complaining about the complaints makes it all much better.

• Like Like x 4
  26. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Yeah, but keep in mind all that is in the "we have an internal build but it doesn't work properly" state, which means it will need work. They still don't know when they can work on it or exactly how to make it work properly (which also means they don't exactly know how long it would take).

27. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

The Steam store does mention it in the Preserved Collection paragraph: “Please note: Northeast Corridor New York, Amtrak SW1000R and CSX GP40-2 are not part of Preserved Collection.”

(I knew about NEC, but didn’t know two locos also weren’t being preserved.)

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  28. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

So I'm not really satisfied with the selection of the Deluxe Pack. I would have liked more choice in the form of different editions such as America, UK or German Edition. Because those who already have the DLC will not buy the Deluxe Pack, there are also players who may not like Uk tracks. Alternatively, you could have given a code to the Deluxe Pack with which you can then choose a route in the shop.

Just my 2 cents

• Like Like x 2
  29. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Nice to see they updated it. They have done the right thing IMHO.

30. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

On release day ECW, Penninsula Corridor and HRR are supposed to be ready. You could use them to make US/UK/GER Legacy editions of the game. "Hey, are you a new player? Here's an older DLC for a good price as a bonus. Also, pick your favourite country edition."

• Like Like x 7
  31. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Sam said they would, and they did.

• Like Like x 1
  32. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m glad I could add something new for discussion.
    I’m sure if she was allowed to she would be here either making very good points or going off on one of her strange tangents.

• Like Like x 2
  33. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes i see

34. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Something will always be found.

35. theorganist

Well you sit back and relax and and reap the benefits whilst we watch the stream for you!

They spoke quite a bit about the map and Matt gave a few reasons why the map wasn't being updated and why it currently couldn't be but there were plans to look at it and do a lot more to it. It was something about the way it was originally designed and in areas where there were lots of tracks, the labels would be too squashed together. From what he was saying they had some very interesting plans for the map, which would possibly please even you!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  36. theorganist

I am sure he or she will make a return at some point, probably will wait till the community manager position is vacant like last time!

37. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Plenty to unpick in this thread, let's get some answers.

Plastic Pal is permanently banned. They were on a yellow card having created a new account from previously being banned under a different name and failed to heed warnings.

To reiterate the information about the map, which we covered extensively in the stream, there is a design for an overhauled map where the information presented scales with the zoom level - zoom out and smaller locations disappear or condense into area names, zoom in and granular detail can be seen. The difficulty with it is in making it work. Placing granular names without scaling makes the map entirely illegible, while having only broader district names doesn't do enough. Essentially, it's the full design, or it won't deliver what's needed. The reason it's not in the current build of the game is that it didn't make the cut-off for the current game spec - in other words, there wasn't time to include it. It's obviously something we do want to add to the game - the map doesn't serve much purpose beyond a broad illustration in its current form.

I'm trying to answer as many questions on streams as possible, as they're all getting a sizable audience (so plenty of people will see the answers) and the volume of questions we're gaining are greater than time we'll have available in the scheduled Q&A stream.

As far as East Coastway's inclusion in the Deluxe edition, I'll pass your feedback on.

• Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  38. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

All our questions put into 1 post thanks sam

39. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Wow thats the first time ive seen a dev try to describe something as simple as a map with some names on it as this complicated and Im just speechless... well because, its a map with some names on it. But seriously, you people over at Dovetail have some serious issues in coding when you guys have such big troubles getting basic things like this to work. Your coders still didnt grasp the concept of using 2d trees for distant scenery, passengers still dont get their basic functions of leaving/entering a train consistently, you needed almost 4 years to get destination boards to work and announcements are still not in the game. WOS 3, a game from 10 years ago has all these things working and Fernbus Simulator had these at release 5 years ago with the same engine so why can they do it but you people are incapable of doing it? Its just sad at this point. And dont come at me with something like: "other features had a higher priority". What other features? What has changed in Train Sim World except for the list of available DLCs in the store page?

• Like Like x 2
  40. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Thank god for the mute button

• Like Like x 4
  41. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I agree with all of you above. Supposedly in the original TSW We get 6 routes that are new, cause that was when i brought it. So I am also confused and angry about what they bundle with this new TSW2 as well. We should get at least 4 routes that are new the least, not routes from the previous TSW game.

42. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Perhaps... ;-D

• Like Like x 3
  43. longo239

Making one of your strongest critics go away, where else does that allegedly happen?

Not in many democratic societies.

Although, a certain president currently up for election in November seems to have a liking and respect for those heads of state who do have a reputation for allegedly making their critics disappear.

Could it be that whoever made Plastic Pal disappear has similar aspirations?

44. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm

• Like Like x 1
  45. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I don't know exactly the situation around Plastic Pal, but I wouldn't say the ban is because of critique. Look at the forums, there's plenty of critiques (mine included) and it does not get people banned. It actually got the game to a better state with the Preserved Collection.

• Like Like x 5
  46. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If people got banned for criticising DTG there would be nobody here. People get banned for repeatedly breaking forum rules.

• Like Like x 9
  47. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes i see

48. longo239

Yes PP, was critical, argumentative, pedantic and many other things but did raise some valid points. There are other people on the forum, who are just as argumentative and pedantic as PP was, but because they never criticise DTG they never seem to get banned.

Smacks of dual standards!

• Like Like x 2
  49. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I think it was because he was banned also on his synthetic account

• Like Like x 2
  50. theorganist

Oh come on, he had got away with so much, he would have been banned a lot quicker on other forums. It was also his second incarnation here, after ignoring his previous ban and starting a new profile, after thinking we might be stupid enough not to notice, or not caring.

There are plenty of people who are critical, they are still here! There is a way of going about it and PP/SA went about it completely the wrong way and started to get quite patronising to those who didn't agree with him!

Trying to compare Sam and Donald Trump, I can hear the sound of the bottom of a barrel being scraped!

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.