Add A Train To Player Train

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by michael hooley, Aug 7, 2020.

1. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

I am halfway through a scenario, is it possible to add a loco to the front of the player train?.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

3. jetgriff

jetgriff Well-Known Member

you can stop and reverse onto a banker makes a bit of difference to pulling power, then you can uncouple the banker on the run at say top of bank, it will just stop, I use it a lot on my Bromsgrove Manchester route to get up Lickey Incline..

4. michael hooley

Thank you Peter and jetgiff. I should have explained what i was trying to achieve. The scenario runs from Leeds to Doncaster using the Deltic Dp1 with one stop at Wakefield Westgate, Up to Wakefield i used exterior cameras, but from Wakefield to Doncaster I wanted the viewers to ride in the cab, but the cab view on the Dp1 is terrible all you see is 2 ugly wiper blades wherever you place the camera. The camera position on the DTG Deltic is much better. hence wanting to shunt one on to the front at Wakefield and use the cab camera1.
    I have now split the scenario into 2 parts so that I can now start a new scenario at Wakefield. it means doing all the A1 traffic from Wakefield again but it solves the problem.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

One way around might be to have the second loco parked in Wakefield Westgate and you couple up behind it but still drive from the second loco
    I have not tried it but it should work - in theory

I don't know if somebody did a patch to get a better cab view - I did not spot anything on UKTS

Peter

6. michael hooley

Thank You Peter, so far so good, I speeded up the scenario x5 then back to x1 at Wakefield. had to pass a red signal to couple up. need to set all Ai trains back 2 mins to keep in sync.

Mike