Editing Tools Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by edward.gregg, Aug 11, 2020.

1. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member

This is a big one for me.
    With the scenario editor can we create whole scenarios? Or is it as some have said a glorified Quick Drive?
    This is a major deciding factor for me upgrading. Im still on the fence with TSW 2020 and TS2020.

TS2020 has much more content and freedom to alter stuff. TSW2020 Is a lot more immersive, and graphically pleasing! I hope TSW2 will bring both together.

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Tou can put your train, and AI trains.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

In comparison with the scenario editor available in TS2020, it's a glorified quick drive.

You basically set up point A to point B and can add AI trains around you. There does not appear to be the option to set objectives or specific tasks like in TS2020.

5. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I shall be using both along side each other, certainly with the amount of variety with TS1 I won't be abandoning it any time soon. TS1 can still look very good with the right route and lighting.

The scenario planner for TSW (it isn't really an editor as in TS1) is a step forward but for now you won't be able to do more intricate maneuvers yet like shunting or running round, certainly not from my understanding of it. This is the first incarnation of it so hopefully it will develop to do more in the future. Still it will be good to be able to struggle over the NTP hills with the class 31 for example.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

It is not a full editor which is why we've avoided using the word in describing Scenario Planner. Neither is it supposed to be a replacement for a full editor. If you want to see it as a glorified quick drive, that's fine.

• Like Like x 7
  7. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member

aslong as I can set up a realistic timetable environment that will be great and change consists that will be epic.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Well ... it's aptly named; better than nothing, I suppose; and therefore something that perhaps could and will be expanded upon in the future. Just adding coupling capability and ...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joker729

Joker729 Member

Don't forget everyone that this is an initial release for all this (Scenario Planner, Livery Designer). They're planning to expand all this in the future. They are essentially just putting out the new platform first. So basically this is the least we will get from this platform.