PlayStation Genuinely Excited About The Bakerloo Line

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Samo1, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

On paper it’s just a short stop start 14 mile route It won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but I’m hoping the team have done it justice, the gameplay stream is the stream I have been waiting for most out of the three new routes, I’m already hoping for more underground route announcements when the roadmap is published or at least in the near future

• Like Like x 7
  2. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I was surprised to see the Bakerloo line for this Thursday’s stream, I definitely expected Sandpatch and the Bakerloo line last but here we are. Super excited to see what they have created, as the glimpse of some of the stations we saw looked like a lot of love went in to them. I can’t wait to see it either!

• Like Like x 3
  3. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

For the Bakerloo stream we're intending to spend much more time not driving than we did with the ICE/Talent 2 - instead checking out as much of the train and surrounding area as requested.

• Like Like x 7
  4. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Bakerloo seems like the best route to show off the surroundings. I enjoyed the Köln stream but a lot of it is trees, I’ll be interested to see the area around which we drive and looking forward to seeing what DTG can do in TSW2.

5. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

[
    Don't forget us frame rate junkies that like to see things moving, in tunnels/stations and above ground

• Like Like x 1
  6. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

So Is the prof driving Thursday

7. DTG Protagonist

The professor will be driving time permitting (I'm already set up with all the streaming overlays and nonsense, Matt will need to devote an hour to getting it working). Frame rates are unpredictable, but use them as a guide anyway. Between the build we're running on (should be the production build this week, but that'll depend on what state it's in), the extra strain of them streaming the game and whatever online compression we go through it's always going to be sub-optimal. That said, what else are you supposed to base it on?

On my PC (GTX 1080Ti, 32GB RAM, i9 9900K) the development build running at 4K with everything turned on apart from motion blur runs similarly to TSW 2020 but with maybe a few more frame rate slowdowns.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

is this q&a on friday waiting for a trailer?? like a launch trailer??

9. DTG Protagonist

Good question, but no it isn't. Q&A this week is happening no matter what.

• Like Like x 2
  10. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

To all those people who say that DTG have to send the final PC version of the game to Steam 6 weeks before release, this seems to disprove that assertion.

On a related note, will we be seeing any console gameplay on the streams before release? There was sometimes a not insignificant difference between PC and console gameplay and textures in TSW2020 and always showing off the new game on a top end PC, while tantalising, may end in slight disappointment for console users.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  11. DTG Protagonist

Console versions have to go in early, but PC can be a day or two out.

Unfortunately we don't have the facility to show it running on console. We've got a few console questions in for Friday, but I appreciate it's not the same thing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Two questions relating to this.
    1. With console versions having to be submitted earlier, is this why they are more prone to having bugs on release?
    2. Would it be possible for you to acquire the facilities to show the game running on console, or is it technically impossible?

• Like Like x 2
  13. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Good questions. It should definitely be possible as they streamed live multiple times on both PS4 and Xbox One back in June and July of 2018 before the release of the original Train Sim World on console (here is a link to one of the streams). Since then though they’ve always streamed on PC as far as I know.

• Like Like x 1
  14. anxitom

anxitom New Member

Are you accepting questions for Friday? If so, which thread do I post them in?

15. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

It's too late it was last week for questions

16. roggek

roggek Active Member

The Bakerloo live stream was supposed to start at 20.00 UTC, but where is it?

17. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Its 8pm BST 9pm CEST