PC Tvl Class 101 Centre Car Lights

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by edward.gregg, Aug 6, 2020.

1. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member

Hi Guys,

with the centre car is their a way to switch on the saloon lights? I would have assumed their would be a wall mounted switch the same as one the driving vehicle desk, and as per BR coaching stock built in the same era.

I just cant find it. and as all trains in passenger service in the UK in the period modeled on the TVL route saloon lights must be lit at all times.

Sorry to be anal :(

Edward

2. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

The switch in the cab turns on all the saloon lights in the train, including the centre car.

3. edward.gregg

When I turn the lights on from the cabs it only turns the lights on in those specific cars and the centre car remains unlit :(

4. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Really? I've never noticed that! I must investigate. :o

5. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

You're using this switch, right?

Attached Files:

• 101.jpg
      101.jpg
      File size:
      1.2 KB
      Views:
  6. edward.gregg

Your pic is a wee bit small but if its the one in the cab then yes. In each cab. I've not seen one in the trailer

7. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

On the right panel next to the handbrake, there is a little pivoting lever move it to the left to turn on the saloon lights and right to turn them off. On the same panel, there are two buttons: the left one is to turn the brake lights on (guards compartment) on and the right one is to turn them off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. edward.gregg

Cheers bud xD I knew I was missing something xD

9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I created a Route Guide for TVL. You can find this information and a lot of other interesting stuff in it. Download it for free at this website:

https://www.hollandhiking.nl/trainsimulator

10. edward.gregg

Thank you Rudolf xD

11. edward.gregg

Ive just looked through your guide. It is fabulous :) you should point out that Tee-side airport is over served by trains. even in the late 1980s which this route is set their was only one service a day, also the Class 101s with Darlington shed badges by that time were all allocated to Heaton depot in Newcastle but certain sets would be out stationed at Darlington station but would always return home for repairs, and Thornaby would not be doing repairs on DMUs in this era.

Darlington did have a purposed built DMU depot but this was long gone by the late 1980s, also Thornaby was dealing solely with freight motive power. Gateshead and its sub shed at South Dock Sundrland was in its last throws as BR had sectorised its operations Heaton in Newcastle was to deal with Intercity and Regional passenger operations in the North East, and Thornaby dealt with the freight motive power.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  12. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Thank you for your addition. I could not find much information about the airport, but I was really surprised by the timetable. To me this looks weird. If I create an update, I will include your comment. I may publish one later this month, because there some small improvements to share. I will create more guides, maybe also for preserved collection routes, but there are some limitations. I need to buy the route first and it is a lot of work, on the average I spend 3-4 full days writing a route guide. Even then I do limited research. My strategy now is to collect information and write it down immediately. So I have a number of unfinished route guides, with only a small amount of information.

Thanks again for your help.

• Like Like x 1