PlayStation Tsw2 And The Next Gen Consoles (ps5 & Xsx)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Shwing, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

Hi all.

I've asked this a few times but heard nothing - can someone confirm if there will be a dedicated upgrade / patch for TSW2 on the new consoles?
    Also, any idea what these upgrades would be (hoping it brings game more inline with PC version - higher resolution and FPS).

Many thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I'm sure that TSW2 will run on the upcoming PS5, because Sony attaches great importance to downward compatibility this time. The higher performance will show up in a higher frame rate, but the topic of graphic options is also important. On PC you are always be able to change the graphic as desired, but on consoles everything is preset. Of course a presetting for the PS4 does not correspond to the performance of the PS5, so an upgrade would be desirable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

I absolutely hope the PS5 can run both TSW 2020 and TSW 2... I would really like to see how either of those sims perform on the PS5 platform! And good point about TSW 2020 being ‘throttled back’ internally (maybe in many ways) to run well on the PS4- and those settings can’t be defeated on console. Now TSW 2 performance on the PS5 may be a very different story- if DTG eventually allows some of the same settings control on consoles that pc players now have. I would definitely like to see that happen (that’s another hint, DTG).

4. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...just ran into this info on compatibility and perf of PS4 games on the PS5. Sounds encouraging... wonder if DTG will cooperate on any game tweaks needed for operation on TSW 2 on the PS5?

PS5 Backwards Compatibility: Will PS4 Games Play Better on the PS5?
    PS4 games will play better on PS5 through the use of a "boost" mode, however this may cause compatibility issues and could not apply to every single game. You also may need to ensure that your PS4 games are installed to the PS5's SSD (See Also: PS5 SSD: Why It's Better Than HDD), although you will have the option to save space by using a more traditional external HDD. Any games stored on the latter, of course, will not benefit from the speeds of Sony's super-fast SSD.

Here's what Sony has to say about PS4 games running better on PS5: "We’re expecting backward compatible titles will run at a boosted frequency on PS5 so that they can benefit from higher or more stable frame rates and potentially higher resolutions. We’re currently evaluating games on a title-by-title basis to spot any issues that need adjustment from the original software developers."

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/p...ility-can-you-play-ps4-games-on-playstation-5

• Like Like x 1