PlayStation Front Lights In Dark/tunnels

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Allan, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Allan

Allan Member

Am I the only one that are shocked by how front lights works when it’s dark/in tunnels in TSW? IRL when you drive a train at nights/in tunnels you can see a long way ahead of you. How come it have never been like that in TSW? First of all it’s very unrealistic but the most important thing is that it’s not fun at all driving when it’s dark. It’s like you driving in blindness and I have completely stopped driving in dark which is a real shame if you ask me because it could be real fun to drive at nights if you could see something in front of you. I really hope some from the development team could answer if there are any plans to fix this huge bug and how high it is on their list to fix?
    Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  2. F.Barnes

F.Barnes Active Member

Not much, but more than in yesterdays stream:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Allan

Allan Member

It’s more when you are driving at dark at the Germans, US and UK tracks that you almost can’t see anything in front of you. That’s for me is such a huge bug that I don’t drive any of the routes at dark

• Like Like x 2
  4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Is it a bug? UK trains don't light up that much in front of you, not sure about the most modern ones but lights were intended so you could be seen not so you could see. Some trains like the old 4-SUB Emu's didn't have any kind of light at the front only the train reporting box.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Allan

Allan Member

I thought the lights where also so you could see if there was a animal on the track so you had time to sound the horn???

6. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

i know its a bit of an old video but this shows kind of what the lights look like from the cab on a hst in the uk

• Like Like x 2
  7. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

but yeah i do agree from looking at real life footage that the light needs to spread out more in the tunnel how easy or hard that is i'm not to sure but i hope it's looked at

8. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well I think if there is an animal on the track at night it either moves or you hit it if you are going at anything more than low speed! Even with excellent headlights at 100mph you aren't going to see it much before impact.

• Like Like x 2