Too Dark Tunnels On The Bakerloo Line

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by metr0p0litain, Aug 14, 2020.

1. metr0p0litain

metr0p0litain Active Member

Hello,

I'm an underground driver in real life and used to drive in dark tunnels. So I think I have a feeling about what is too bright or too dark. When I watched the stream about the gameplay on the Bakerloo line yesterday, I was a bit disappointed how dark the tunnels really are. You literally can't see anything and that's a pity! The trains I'm driving only have marker lights as head lights, but the light is enough to illuminate 5-10 m in front of the train. Also signs in the tunnel are visible way more earlier, than in the stream, because the white panels reflect enough to see the signs for speed limits already in a distance of 80 m in a dark tunnel. DTG, please have a look at the lights. I'm aware of the low luminosity of marker lights, but even these lights illuminate more than what I've seen in the stream. This comparison may give you a better idea what it should look like:

Bakerloo-Line.png

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

The lightning problem can also be how the lights are pointed. For example; If the lights are more pointing down, you'll see the tracks better.

3. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

Agree. I worked in railroad simulators business some years ago, rode many miles on subway trains and guys, your Bakerloo line looks unrealistic. Driving a train here you're completely blind, that's impossible to keep speed limits without HUD assistance, check junctions, calculate braking distances. And this is not the only one. Isle of Wight has the same issues at night and in tunnel. Front lights are too weak.