Workshop Broken: Cannot Sort On Route Or Train, When Selecting Train Page Is Empty

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Koplopermau, Aug 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Koplopermau

Koplopermau Member

Hello there,

The workshop is broken. If I search in the community tab for Train Simulator I can sort on highest rated, most downloaded, all that kind of thing, and that works just fine. However, once I sort on a certain route (right pane), for example London to Faversham, I am greeted with an empty screen which doesn't seem to load (I've waited about 60 seconds). It doesn't load in both the Steam application and the Steam website. The same goes for just searching the Train Simulator workshop. Also, if I click on 'see all' in the Highest Rated, Most Downloaded, again, I'm greeted with the empty screen.

upload_2020-8-12_2-9-54.png

Also, trying to find a certain route or train in the list is a very demanding list. There is no possibility to enter a wildcard. Sorting scenario's for the Class 395 on London - Faversham is impossible. Why this particular train and route, because I wanted to find a scenario for it on workshop and was unable to.

With this under almost each add-on:
    More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!

You should fix this as soon as possible.

Webbrowser: Google Chrome

- Koplopermau

• Like Like x 1
  2. markandrei24

markandrei24 Active Member

All workshop routes/trains/asset packs/marketplace add-ons affected the same way.
    Ex. DB BR 101 Add-on, LGV Marseille - Avignon, etc.
    Both happens on my side. The workshop works fine days earlier (No, I did not subscribe any of the workshop items). I think this is the problem on Steam's Side? (Did not login on web version happens the same way)

Edit: Without specifying any of the filters on the side, using the search box in the workshop also same.

Screenshot (32).png Screenshot (33).png

Mark

3. Brickrail782

Brickrail782 Active Member

Been having a similar problem for a while now, only I get a message saying that there isn't anything that has those keywords in it.

4. Koplopermau

Koplopermau Member

I've checked Steam and this problem seems to be fixed, so it could be that there was maintenance. Could someone verify that this is the case, or could DTG respond if they applied a fix?

The "No items matching your search criteria were found." error does pop up though, maybe the game does not apply the correct search tags in the game when someone uploads anything with certain trains, because trains that I'm sure have scenario's on workshop don't show up when I try to select it.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. humorlinks

humorlinks New Member

If anyone is interested, I have created a special menu for searching the Workshop

wsmenu4.png

You can download it here: TS Workshop Menu

• Like Like x 1
  6. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member