Tsw2 Console Gameplay Request

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Markerson, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Markerson

Markerson Member

I’m fairly certain that only the PC version has been shown so far (feel free to correct me if incorrect) so could we please get some console gameplay in one of the DTG live-streams?

I understand that DTG want to show the game in the best light but it would be nice to see the game running on Xbox/PS4 prior to release.

• Like Like x 4
  2. russianchip

russianchip Guest

100% agree, with PC players getting gameplay and a thanks for being there from the beginning discount on pre-order I’d like to see some console action!!

I’d also be interested in the 4K part of the launch material whether it’s Enhanced and ready or for an update later on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

DTG Protagonist has already said in earlier post that they don't have the facilities to stream from console at the moment, which I find strange considering they were able to do it two years ago, but that was what he said.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Markerson

Markerson Member

I can only assume that’s down to the COVID-19 situation and working from home. A shame if they can’t.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

We're working on having Monday's Sand Patch Grade stream from an X1X. It's reasonable that we give at least one console gameplay preview. It's not confirmed yet, we're working on the tech (pre-launch builds on dev machine consoles can be a challenge) but it's what we're aiming for. I'll update on Monday when I know for certain which way we're going.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  6. russianchip

russianchip Guest

This is great news!! Asking for a friend will it be One X enhanced at launch?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Markerson

Markerson Member

Thanks Sam.

• Like Like x 2
  8. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

Yes thanks Sam,I know your all working hard on this game and is a challenge to keep all happy

• Like Like x 2
  9. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

No, but on X1X for sure we will gain some fps like already happen on TSW(1).
    There are 15% of discount on both consoles for 1st two weeks.

10. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Good luck with the preparations! Who knows, maybe you'll find yourself quite comfortable and start TSW(2) streams from the sofa one day... :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

This would be great because Sand Patch Grade seems to be the heaviest route on hardware, so it would be perfect to show how good/bad the Xbox One X version is. Sorry, no offense towards you guys, but we know how terrible the consoles' CPUs are. It would be great to see how much struggle we can expect on these potato machines.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

your quite right never came to mind if they were to do a stream on console on sand patch grade although i worry if they will do as streaming qualities is never good as it's locked in at 1080p and people will moan about graphical things which are due to running the stream

• Like Like x 1
  13. dreampage

I don't mind the stream resolution. The fluidity of a game comes across regardless. I'm very much looking forward to seeing it. Will buy TSW 2 regardless, but still. I'm very curious. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Just 3 months again and we will solve all our medium-low setup problems. X series looks like a concrete step forward.
    Or at least its what I hope for.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dreampage

Yesterday's stream was very encouraging! TSW 2 runs definitely better than TSW 2020 and the framerate is still unlocked (60 max), so that means the Series X will probably easily max it out at a locked 60 fps even at 4K resolution. And that's not even taking into account any additional optimizations Dovetail will apply. I'm sure we'll have a great time!

• Like Like x 1