Tsw2 Deluxe Edition Has Tsw Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stujoy, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

The deluxe edition is nothing but a way for anyone who doesn’t own ECW to get it bundled in with TSW2 for a cheaper price, although I do find it entertaining the conspiracy theories that it’s trying to trick new comers. If you look at the routes that come with TSW2 we have a USA route that is 50+ miles, a German route at 40+ miles and a U.K. route at 14 miles, ECW being the most recent U.K. route it makes total since why they chose to bundle it with the deluxe edition.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Again, Plastic Pal was under a considerable warning to abide by forum rules due to his having created a second account to evade a previous ban. He decided not to follow that warning and is permanently banned as a result. This was not done to silence criticism, but because we uphold the rules of the forum. Anyone who abides by the rules can be as critical as they please.

• Like Like x 10
  3. saint.russian

saint.russian Member

The smell of a pan-fried chicken coming from the kitchen is soooooooo goooood! it is killing me. aaaaarrrrhhhhh.

Just wanted to put it out there )))

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I think the deluxe edition of TSW2 including old TSW content is not that bad of a thing, after all backwards compatibility is a big point of the game.

However I feel like a deluxe edition would've been better if it included the german routes as well, considering they add significant traffic to the Köln - Aachen route. So maybe it should include an UK route, and the 2 german routes, that way it would be a great, complete package.

• Like Like x 4
  5. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I just hope that the ECW is Repolish and look much more stunning in terms of the graphic and also have more control features to it, basically, the route is updated and looks more stunning and realistic than the tsw version

• Like Like x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s the same version as TSW2020 so it will be exactly the same. It’s part of the ‘Preserved Collection’ of old DLC, none of which have had any changes made to them, other than to make them work in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

To be honest I don't think the graphics have changed that much between TSW and TSW2 and the ECW looks good anyway, therefore if you haven't got it and you like modern UK routes it is probably worth getting. My only complaint with it is there isn't a great deal of variety.

• Like Like x 1
  8. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Funny, I think that the graphics in general are steadily improving.
    The overland section of the Bakerloo line was very nicely done.
    It certainly gives me hope for future routes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I wasn't complaining about the graphics, they do look very good, that is the biggest pull of the game. I don't think TSW2 has resulted in a huge change to the graphics that isn't to say they don't look good. I agree that the Bakerloo line looks very good. I still think GWE is one of the best looking of the routes out there.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

The reason why i am saying this is because it said that you need the new tsw2 game for this route to work and it doesn't work on the old tsw. Could that mean that they updated lots of stuff such as the time time on the station and the rollsign function on the the train and passenger view, with lots of station improvement. "Someone should ask this question to Matt and Patt on today Live Stream Q&A Today at 3:00PM EST" I just really hope that they have improve lots of graphic and features.

• Like Like x 1
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That made me laugh far too much. It’s Matt and Sam by the way!

• Like Like x 2
  12. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

13. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

No, sorry. Existing TSW2020 DLC won't be upgraded to take full advantage of variable adhesion available in TSW2.

(If you look at the TSW2 ECW product page on Steam, it notes "As this is part of the Preserved Collection, features remain as they were in the original release.")

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  14. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Well I was told when you buy deluxe version of tsw2 NOT preserved east coastway that you get a newer 377 that is not the tsw2020 one

15. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

You have been misinformed.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

This just doesn't add up, How come TSW 2020 Digital Edition on Steam Have 5 routes, while this new game TSW 2 Has only 3 routes? TSW 2020 Digital Edition comes with the LIRR Route, The Great Western Railway, Northern Trans Pennine, Pennisula Corridor, Main-Spessart Bahn while this new game for the deluxe version only have The Bakeroo Line, The Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen route, and the Sand Patch. Shouldn't there at least be another two routes because this just doesn't make sense, while still, we are paying around $43.99 Which is close to almost $50.00 already. I would rather pay the same price as the last tsw2020 digital edition, that have 5 route included.

"Please dovetail if you are reading this please consider adding two more routes, it doesn't have to be new, just updated all the graphic and features for the old routes and put it in the bundle".

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  17. FeralKitty

When TSW2020 first came out, it only had three routes, similar to what TSW2 has now.

TSW2020 has been out for years, and the bundled routes have changed several times since it first released.

I'd imagine years from now, TSW2 will likewise offer a newer bundle with different/additional routes.

It will take time for the old routes to be ready for TSW2. (See the upcoming roadmap to see when preserved collections will be released.)

There's probably little else DTG could add, at this point.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The Deluxe Edition has 4 routes, it also has East Coastway. In the same way that $43.99 is close to almost $50.00, 4 routes is close to almost 5 routes, so you’re getting your money’s worth.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

yeah your right but i really hope they add another route into this pack. If they do i will be more happy

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

If I uninstall TSW 2020. Can I play my TSW 2020 content on TSW 2 ? Will TSW2 install the content of the previous game automatically or do I have to keep TSW 2020 installed ?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  21. FeralKitty

Yes, with the exception of the Northeast Corridor (NEC), which isn't a part of the preserved collection.

(Not all of the TSW2020 preserved collection will be ready for the TSW2 launch. See the upcoming roadmap for information on when each item will become available for TSW2.)
    You don't have to keep TSW2020 installed. TSW2 will download and install any preserved collection DLC that you own.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  22. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

From the information released to date your TSW2020 content which has been ported to TSW2 will no longer require TSW2020. However, not all TSW2020 content will be available from release and some items, namely the North East Corridor and it's associated locos are not making the transition to TSW2 and will therefore require TSW2020 to be installed if you want to continue to use them.

23. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

Thanks !

• Like Like x 1
  24. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

For those who actually have the sand patch route from TSW 2020, is it going to be carried over to TSW 2? because if it is, shouldn't we don't have to purchase again since we already have it.

Instead for those who do have the Sand Patch route, they should allow us to choose another route for free, because we have already had the sand patch route, or else it really not worth it to get the deluxe edition because your basically repurchasing the same sand patch route again which is not worth, unless, its a different sand patch route. Also including the sand patch route, in total basically we only get two new route and the east coastway, and our own route which is the sand patch route that we had before, which if this is the case, wouldn't that make the deluxe edition not worth it?

25. FeralKitty

The TSW2 version of Sand Patch Grade has been completely reworked to fully support variable adhesion and other features such as the Livery editor.

The TSW2020 version wouldn't support all the new features that the TSW2 version does.

26. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Consider two players, both having bought TSW2020 in August last year. The one who bought it on PC got SPG and the one who bought it on xbox paid the same price but their TSW2020 had no SPG. If both those players now buy TSW2, both pay the same price for the three routes, one of which is the new SPG. Both players will at last have the same content and paid the same price overall but the PC player will still have had SPG for an extra year.

• Like Like x 1
  27. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

So your saying that is worth it to buy deluxe edition?

28. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

If you don't have East Coastway.

29. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

For the Sand Patch Grade, they could have give us at least a discount since we got it in the previous TSW Game. I still don't have the East Coastway route. I just hope that this worth it.

30. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

There is a 15% discount...

31. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

This belongs in the PlayStation forum as your clearly not playing TSW on PC, please keep your discussion in the right forum please.

32. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Did you really need to necro a post from August to say that?

• Like Like x 2
  33. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I have locked this thread. appledates#4945 necrobumping over something which was rectified earlier is not acceptable and would only provoke arguments. Do not try and antagonise other users again or it will result in a warning.

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.