Scenario Planner/livery Creator Ideas

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by MetrolinkF125#916, Jun 18, 2020.

1. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Since TSW 2 will, for the first time, bring a type of “editor” to the TSW franchise, I thought it’ll be a good idea to post a thread where anyone could share their ideas/plans on what they’ll do in those “editors” for when TSW 2 comes out. You can also post pics of real life locos in the liveries u wanna create for, u know, references. Of course, we will only be able to create liveries for the trains seen in CSX HH, the new ICE Köln-Achaen (is that how u spell it?) route, and the London Underground Bakerloo line. Once DTG announces further dlc we can update this page with the newer trains. Anyone is welcome to share their ideas, it’ll also serve as a form of inspiration for those who are indecisive or confused about what to do (I can tell you that you’ll only be able to create liveries and scenarios for TSW 2 exclusive routes and future TSW 2 dlc only, so too bad we can’t make an Amtrak F40 in the Peninsula Corridor:( ), or who just need a spark of inspiration for liveries. I would like to share what liveries I would like to create in these routes: a BNSF, UP, NS, and CP livery for the AC4400CW, maybe another UP, or or, maybe, one of those “fallen flag” railroads of the past such as an ATSF or BN scheme for the SD40-2, and another for the GP38-2. For the new ICE route, it’ll bring once again the BR 1442 Talent 2 EMU, so, if it still has the livery from Rapid Transit, then I’ll probably create a DB “traffic red“ livery for it, or I can also find out if it also comes in additional liveries. As for scenarios, I was planning on recreating an Unstoppable (the movie) scene with the AC4400CW, as a runaway train (with an SD40-2 trying to stop it of course;) )! Maybe I’ll also create a local service in the route, and maybe, instead of a full high speed run down the line, we can turn the ICE 3 into a commuter train? Feel free to share your ideas of the scenario/livery editors here in this thread, that’s what it’s about anyways.
    UP AC4400CW #5613
    upload_2020-6-18_15-26-27.jpeg
    BN SD40-2
    upload_2020-6-18_15-26-48.jpeg
    BNSF GP38-2
    upload_2020-6-18_15-27-24.jpeg

BR 1442 Talent 2 in DB traffic red livery
    upload_2020-6-18_15-28-24.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

The Livery Editor does appear to offer the potential for users to both recreate different liveries and create 'custom' liveries.

Hopefully it will be user-friendly(?) and you won't need a Degree in Graphic Design to use it. My question for DTG would be how easy is it at a base level to replicate a livery from and existing/future DLC? From example when/if available copying the pantone and logos used on say the Railfreight Red Stripe Class 20 and recreating this livery on the Class 08, 31, 37, 47 etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MetrolinkF125#916

DTG states that the scenario creator and livery editor are “two brand new easy to use tools”, which means they must be user friendly since I think DTG knows that not everyone has a vast amount of knowledge on graphic designing, Including me. DTG stated in the Q&A that u can’t make liveries or scenarios for existing dlc, only TSW 2 routes (routes that come with the game, sand patch, Köln-Achaen, Bakerloo line, as well as future TSW 2 dlc), so, unless DTG creates the past routes into fully compatible versions with TSW 2, we can’t copy the “Railfreight” stripe on the class 20 to the class 08/31/37/47, and so on.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Well... the key point is that the liveries cannot be shared.... so basically the liveries would be to support screenshots... and the things that I would have in mind are:

- weathered liveries (although I don't think you will get the original base livery to play with - *crosses fingers* that they will available);
    - heavily rusting and broken trains, with sides "missing", or showing bulk-heads for the body-shells;
    - a copy of the "Beatles Yellow Submarine" livery on the Eurostars (to apply to the ICE, of course);
    - baked-in shadows and lighting effects (for very specific scenes);
    - camouflage liveries - including liveries that blend in with the background in certain scenes....

• Like Like x 2
  5. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Plastic Pal,
    They mentioned you will make the repaint on a white base, with just the drawing of the locomotive.
    It will be not be possible not use the base delivery of an existing locomotive.
    As to scenarios, you can use only consist already defined by the developers.
    You can not create your own consist.
    Despite of that, they mentioned it will be lot of consists of every DLC available.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. grdaniel48

Metrolink, please notice TSW AC44 does not have those bogies. It have the special ones for greater adhesion. Which have different design. You could use CN scheme, it have those ones too. But may be lights and other details could be different.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MetrolinkF125#916

I know, it’ll be a great idea not minding the trucks (or bogies, whichever u wanna call it). I know it’ll look unrealistic but we can stick with that for now since we don’t have an editor to create our own locos with our own bogies.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MetrolinkF125#916

And not just that, the UP doesn’t have the rear number boards as CSX does, not to mention the headlight configuration (up doesn’t have flashing ditch lights), horn, and fuel tank indicator. But we’ll have to stick with this for know, at least until DTG releases the full editor.

9. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know - a livery editor has the potential to make existing railway brands in the game a bit nervous... ;-O

• Like Like x 1
  10. grdaniel48

I agree what you mentioned.
    I know there are other differences between GE locomotives too.
    But bogies or trucks is a very noticeable one!
    DTW should release soon a CSX one with regular ones. This company also have it!
    Even with some few modifications could made the latest models of the GEVO, as the ES44C4.
    Including also the last Tier4 one.

Despite of that, to have other companies does not should be a problem on TSW!
    On previous Train Simulator, despite there were "oficial" railway brands,like BNSF on the first one by Microsoft-, but then the community and other developers offered all of the other names of railway companies.
    I also like Flight simulation. I remember when the sim got better quality so you can get good paint schemes, American Airlines prohibited anyone to paint a plane with their livery! The result it was the only airline does not appearing on the game!
    So it was bad for them. Then they have no other choice to allow to have their company in the game!
    Then I believe this may happens too on TSW!
    Yes.. I know, here it is not the same, as planes have the sky to fly, but trains must ride on built routes by some company.
    But this is a simulation!.
    So ok Dovetail has to make and agreement with the route "owner", but let the community to have other railways names on it!
    Even train companies leases their locomotives to other railway brands. So you see UP, NS, CP, and other ones, on BNSF for example. Even foreign as recently Ferromex ones.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

I think the BR 442 will come in DB red, because that's what they look like in real life.
    The grey livery only exists at S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland.

My ideas would be as followed:

BR 442 'bwegt'.jpg

BR 442 'National Express'.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I wonder if the scenario editor allows you to guide what tracks you will drive on

• Like Like x 1
  13. MetrolinkF125#916

I really hope it does, bcuz I was planning on making a local service (basically delivering a bunch of cars to line side industries or industries on sidings) scenario with my BNSF GP25 (GP38-2 repainted) once I create it. DTG says it should be a “quick drive, your way” kinda scenario planner, so I really hope it brings a feature like this.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

I plan to re-make the London Underground Olympics livery from 2012.

• Like Like x 1
  15. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I'd imagine it would allow you to define which lines a designated train should take.
    If we consider "Scenario" in how we've known it with TSW you'd be able to script that a failure has occurred and the train you are driving needs to recess in a passing loop (either for fault to be diagnosed/rectified or assisting/recovery locomotive summoned) or be diverted from the Fast to the Slow/Relief lines.

• Like Like x 1
  16. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

IIRC Matt did mention that you'd be able to define the consist from a range of predefined options and select a stopping pattern just be clicking on the stations on a route map. Hopefully this indicates you'd be able to define the train's path. What interests me is given that you can define the stopping pattern - how intuitive the planner with be in defining timing for waypoint based on route, path, stopping pattern, Class of train etc.. Looking at a real life example - 2U24 1610 Taunton - Cardiff Central has a Planned Max Speed of 90mph, Timed Load is Sprinter DMU, Category is Ordinary Passenger and Power Type is Diesel Multiple Unit although it could be operated by a Class 158, Class 165, Class 166 or Castle (2+4) HST set! Screenshot_20200624_173033.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. MetrolinkF125#916

I imagine we should be able to create our own path the train should take, if we can create a stopping pattern then we should be able to define the track the train must take if that train is messing with the schedule of another train, such as ur train going into a siding for a red signal to let another train pass it from the mainline.

• Like Like x 1
  18. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I would try to use the livery creator to create the Western New York & Pennsylvania's ex CSX AC6000CWs using the AC4400CW.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  19. PinkDude17

PinkDude17 New Member

I'm thinking of doing some wrong line running and a stabling at a random under used siding somewhere on the bakerloo line.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ht-57

ht-57 Member

So this is where I feel DTG should take notes from a train sim of another title..... Wouldn't it be sweet to
    have the ability to Place any train or engine/car/consist any where on route or delete any train/engine/consist at any time while
    you are playing then just save and continue on? even change the time or weather as well with out the need of extra editor where you have to exit the game then hash something out in another program then play test it and after all that its just another canned scenario ffs!
    Just "MY" thought.
    I know its possible as This is exactly How it works in said other "title". BTW this also includes the same ability to add/delete AI and interactive industries as well.

• Like Like x 1
  21. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

I know nothing has been seen yet, but from what I'm hearing, it's exactly the same as the TS quick drive.

You pick your chosen route, select your loco, choose start point, choose end point, you're also given a choice of consist. Get in and drive, stopping when and where you want along the route.

• Like Like x 1
  22. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I believe it includes an enhancement in that you can also choose one or more Ai trains to run in addition to your own train, but yes it's effectively Quick Drive. That's probably why DTG call it Scenario Planner rather than Scenario Editor.

• Like Like x 1
  23. ht-57

ht-57 Member

Excellent observation!

• Like Like x 1
  24. TrainSim_Fan

You know it, SamYeager.

25. JGRudnick

While watching a live cam a couple trains went by with a locomotive that would be neat to recreate, in Deshler, OH and Ashland, VA respectively.
    Screenshot_20200607-172051.png Screenshot_20200607-172103.png Screenshot_20200511-181028.png Screenshot_20200511-181249.png

• Like Like x 2
  26. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That first one is hilarious, the second one is just shocking.

• Like Like x 1
  27. MetrolinkF125#916

So, according to the DTG SPG livestream, the scenario editor (or should I say, scenario planner) will only allow us to make A-B journeys, so, sorry switching fanatics, nothing for you. It’s exactly what TS quick drive is, choose route, select train/consist, select origin/destination, get in ur train and drive.:(

• Like Like x 3
  28. JGRudnick

The person at the paint shop probably has a sense of humor and tried to freehand the logo. Usually they'd just keep the loco in primer.
    The second one though, I'm surprised it left the shop that way. I can only imagine it was repaired at a shop that didn't have a paint booth, or it was rebuilt at another railroad's shop.

• Like Like x 2
  29. MetrolinkF125#916

That would be a neat feature to add in the game, unfortunately DTG won’t allow us to do that this year, I hope DTG adds this one day to TSW, since it will end up being useful in my free-to-play service mode I like to play in!

• Like Like x 2
  30. JGRudnick

I am very disappointed about that. A scenario planner/editor beyond just quick drive would have been really nice. And why not just call it quick drive? Unless they have more planned for it?

• Like Like x 1
  31. MetrolinkF125#916

I totally agree, DTG should’ve made the scenario planner (I must get used to saying scenario planner instead of scenario editor lol) a lot more than just a “TSW version of quick drive” type of editor. They could’ve added the possibility of having multiple objectives to complete (for switching and “local” services) rather than just a “Stop at location 40 miles” objective. I really wish they did that, bcuz I was really getting enthusiastic! Unless, like u said, DTG has something else planned for the future that (might) add these features, such as in the annual winter update.

• Like Like x 3
  32. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

While waiting for a scenario editor, why DTG would not offer packs (5 scenarios for example) at low prices ?! I think it can be "fast" and requires little development. In addition, it adds life to the game.
    Personally, I also play Train Simulator (TS2020) and I admit that I play a lot more with the scenario than the Quick-Drive mode.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  33. TrainSim_Fan

DTG wont make an editor, their rich scrums. Rich, you might be asking yourself, well how much money do you think they have made from TS1 dlc alone???

34. MetrolinkF125#916

Hmm, that would also be a great idea for something to add to the game, just that it would have to be sold as additional dlc to buy, and I doubt DTG will sell it for like $1 or €5/£4, but rather $10, i don’t wanna give DTG any ideas for the price I just think DTG might get a little greedy and sell it for like half the price a route costs, and I don’t want that, but, if scenario packs do end up in the game, I just hope DTG is considerate enough on the price bcuz of the money we will need to spend on the dlc necessary to play the scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  35. jamesonmin

jamesonmin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    this why not i really like the CP EMD livery

• Like Like x 3
  36. MetrolinkF125#916

Not bad, anyways Sand Patch is based in the mountains, would look great running in the snow!

• Like Like x 3
  37. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I just want to paint an ICE 3 hot pink and put Matt's face on the front.

• Like Like x 6
  38. MetrolinkF125#916

Lol

• Like Like x 2
  39. LewisInfiniti

LewisInfiniti Member

I hope they add a feature which allows you to upload images to add as layers, for those who want to recreate real liveries and will need the logos.

• Like Like x 4
  40. JGRudnick

I hope so too, otherwise, I think the liveries would be quite plain, with just shapes, stripes, text, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  41. MetrolinkF125#916

Yea me too, if not then that BNSF GP38 won’t look so realistic...

• Like Like x 1
  42. jamesonmin

[​IMG]
    this GP38-2

• Like Like x 3
  43. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Well, I also want to participate in this thread :D
    So my ideas are an „Klimaschützer“ ICE 3M and the NS ICE 3M.
    But I have got a question:
    I am hoping for a „Vectron“ locomotive in the following add ons. And then I would love to make a SBB Cargo International variant of it! But there is one thing, I’m wondering about: Logically, the Swiss locomotives would have other numbers than the German ones. And it would be awful, if I see a Swiss livery locomotive with a German number! So will we be able to set a „box“ on a train in the livery editor, put in numbers and they will be chosen randomly as the game starts? Or do we have to write down ONE number at the locomotive and every ai locomotive that will drive on the route will have the same number?
    And another thing: We have got 300 layers. But how shall we design a train in a realistic way, if we have to write down Hundreads of small letters and numbers on each side of the train?

• Like Like x 1
  44. MetrolinkF125#916

That’s a very good question, I guess for the different numbers we’ll have to create multiple liveries for that train, the only difference being the numbers. Or we could have an option to put in our desired number of train numbers with the design the players created, each one varying. Or you could watch the livery designer stream on YouTube and see if that question is answered there.:D

I have still to watch that stream.

• Like Like x 1
  45. jamesonmin

Well dovetail wrecked your dreams again :'(

• Like Like x 2
  46. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Don't underestimate shapes. If there is a generous (or nonexistent) limit on layers you can have, you can use shapes to create logos which hopefully can be copied in groups. Obviously it'll take a lot longer but until DTG figure something else out it's the best we can do.

Ideally DTG would either:
    • Allow for files (preferably SVG) to be imported locally either from a folder on a PC or a USB stick (on console).
    • Set up a server where all of us can upload decals like in GT Sport. This would be a great place to host all of our decals and use them in-game, so naturally I'd prefer this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Try and add the pink headphones too!

• Like Like x 3
  48. JGRudnick

But I do understand the concern about copyright and all that, but with the number of different shapes, you could probably create your own logos and possibly fonts.

• Like Like x 1
  49. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

With a bit of time on your hands most definitely. Quite looking forward to seeing if I can create some logos. Cup of coffee on standby on a lazy day

• Like Like x 2
  50. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Well, I have already watched it, but I think they didn’t answer this question. But you said we might create different liveries with different numbers. I thought only the basic DTG train and the livery you are driving would be allowed to spawn? Have they changed that? And if not: Can you also turn off that possibility? Cause special advertisement trains are only made once, so it would be awful if you are driving one and the same one comes as an AI...

• Like Like x 1