Dovetail Live/mastery Challenges

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Steam_Buff_UK, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Steam_Buff_UK

Steam_Buff_UK New Member

Yesterday I got the Long Island Rail Route and went into Mastery Challenge to see what challenges I had to do for this route but it kept asking for my Dovetail Live login - I did this but kept getting a message saying Dovetail live was down - Try again later

Today I loaded the game and got into Mastery Challenges ok BUT all the challenges I had done before have reset. Why?

Will I have to do all again?

Update - Just done a couple of tutorials and Mastery not registering

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve not been able to login to Dovetail Live on PS4 for a week or two. The screen comes up, but it won’t let me enter my email address or password to login. They might be working on it in preparation of TSW 2.

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Even when you can sign in there is no guarantee that Mastery will work for you. Lots of people have had problems with it not tracking their progress.

4. Steam_Buff_UK

Steam_Buff_UK New Member

True but I had Mastery working for me and completed all tier one's for the routes I had and well thru tier 2. I hope I do not have to start all over again.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yeah, that would be a pain if you had already had it all working before.

6. graeme.norton1

graeme.norton1 New Member

When I have had this problem I have turned the console off, removed the power cable, waited at least 10 sec, reinserted the cable and switched the console back on. This reboots the system and I find that Mastery now works.

7. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

Hopefully will be upgraded in TSW2 - was a great idea to start with but limited to only a few tracks. The community challenges is a good idea but the "prize" is beyond pathetic. I regularly have to log back into my account at least once a week.

8. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

Doesn't there need to be more of a challenge to get gold medals? I like trying to recreate the authenticity of driving a train, so all of the quirks of turning the battery on, making sure the start up sequence is followed to fire up the train, setting the destination, making sure the lights are on the right setting, 2guard buzzers, before train leaves, etc. All of which are in the game but other than tutorials often don't happen in the game. To get gold you should have to ride the route pretty much perfectly, all stops wihin 5 yards, closing doors 8 seconds before departure so train leaves on the second, keeping within speed limits and to timetable (allowed to use orange 3 mph limit). I get lots of people want to grip and rip and proba ly don't give a monkeys about the medal at the end and don't like all the rigmarol of setting switches,etc. However its more of a challenge to get silver or bronze than gold which seems crazy. Shouldn't there be an "on the rails" setting with higher difficulty and if you can't be bothered with all of the bells and whistles turn it off? It must be easy to modify the level at which gold medals are awarded and would offer more of a challenge to aspire to get gold. Wasn't there a questionaire a few months ago on this - I remember suggesting a diamond level above gold but that seems to have morphed into your high score being the diamond.
    I accept there are those who want to rip and grip it but aren't many of us looking for more authenticity and difficulty challenges?
    Disappointed about mastery not making the cut in new game too and hope that it might set more real challenges when it arrives on platform....

• Like Like x 1