Rivet Games-tsw2 Teaser

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Aug 16, 2020.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

C7E1C1B7-B20C-4109-AED9-453CA8D37896.jpeg Hi everyone,
    Rivet games, the ones responsible for the DB204 tweeted a picture today teasing something new. TSW2 was tagged in the hashtag. What could this be?!

2. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Interesting. They are developing Train Simulator 2020. Maybe there's also a new TS coming (only for PC) or maybe they are working on TSW 2 routes? The latter would be amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

You mean they are a 3rd party team developing content for Train Simulator 2020? They made their first locomotive for TSW the DB204. I’m assuming this is their next TSW project which looks to be like a route.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

This could be a route or just a locomotive add on,the track and tunnel picture could be suggesting either.If you look very closely at the tunnel wall there's a very faint shadow of what could be windows on something just inside the tunnel.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

if it was to tease a train though usually they have done by showing bit of a train this is the way DTG have usually teased TSW routes thoug

6. SHINO BAZ

The question is,is this a new location or is it already on one of the routes in the game?
    The other question is the staircase leading down is unusual because theres no station platform at he bottom just stone and gravel.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  7. Knightfire1964

that's why i think its a new location as i have never spotted on any of the routes the staircase

8. SHINO BAZ

I for some reason am kindof getting a feeling that this could be another tourist line,it has the look and feel of a older classic route.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Knightfire1964

well this is 2 views of what i think is where the screenshot is have a look

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

As far as I know Rivet Games are developing the whole Train Simulator 2020. So if this is true, they will work on TSW 2 as a third party, as the main developer here is Dovetail (for TS2020 they're only the publishers). I wouldn't mind if they worked more closely together. TS2020 has got a lot of routes from all over the world, it would be amazing if some of those made it into TSW 2 as well.

What TSW really needs is more countries. After all this time we still only have UK, USA and Germany, nothing more.

• Like Like x 1
  11. russianchip

russianchip Guest

Just a thought while we pass time until TSW2 launches, do you think the delay from 6th to 20th was due to Rivet games getting something ready for TSW2? The roadmap launch was also pushed back until tomorrow possibly because of Rivet games? Exciting times ahead!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Knightfire1964

no i think that was still to give time to sort out preserved collection but anyone find it weird that we are getting tsw 2 for £25 basically without any discount now if you were DTG and knew if you were to release TSW 2 at the standard £50 and then shortly after rivet are like"hey we have a route and all can it go up" DTG are in a pickle because they have just released a game at full price and now have an option to sell a new route. they know we won't be happy about this route and may end up people not buying the game out of protest. BUT if you sell the game at £25 then release the rivet dlc maybe a little cheaper than £25 people may be like ok sure i will get that. this is just my quick thinking of this

• Like Like x 1